Author Topic: Question  (Read 2889 times)

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
77/78 is to be a black jack and base, 79-81 is blue.  blue bottle . the red bottle was early f-body and all camaros.  the build sheet will tell ya if the car has the space saver or the full size tire.  my 77 is a hood bird delete car , but had the chrome sail panel emblems. Norwood  car.  

How do you know that for sure about the jacks?  By the way, I think that's correct but I've seen so many blue ones in 78's.  I've always wondered and your explanation makes sense.  I know for sure, with a sample size of one, that black jacks were installed at Van Nuys.  What I don't know for sure is if blue ones were also installed there in 78, and if blue ones were installed in Ohio in 78.

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »
77/78 is to be a black jack and base, 79-81 is blue.  blue bottle . the red bottle was early f-body and all camaros.  the build sheet will tell ya if the car has the space saver or the full size tire.  my 77 is a hood bird delete car , but had the chrome sail panel emblems. Norwood  car. 

How do you know that for sure about the jacks?  By the way, I think that's correct but I've seen so many blue ones in 78's.  I've always wondered and your explanation makes sense.  I know for sure, with a sample size of one, that black jacks were installed at Van Nuys.  What I don't know for sure is if blue ones were also installed there in 78, and if blue ones were installed in Ohio in 78.

sorry let me  amend my statement,  I have never seen a restored 78 with a blue jack. back in high school I had a 79 and my friend still has his 78.  his is black , mine is blue.  but both Ohio cars.  but his is a 77 build date. GM may of changed to blue when the color change came into affect.  so there could be some blue jacks from say Aug - Oct. of 78   
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
still strange that so many CA. cars got shipped to midwest and great lakes states
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »
yeah and mine never came with one in it so it's pieced together lol
Too many birds, not enough food.