Author Topic: Rally II's...trim ring and lug nut questions  (Read 1482 times)

Offline TAhuntress

• ♥ 1977 W72 BrownBird ♥
Rally II's...trim ring and lug nut questions
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:39:28 PM »
Hi there!  And thanks in advance for any guidance here.  I've been "restoring" my Rally II's for my 77 TA that is nearly done with paint and ready to get back on the road.  Seems that my lug nuts didn't survive when the wheels came off....had the lugs with the stainless caps, which just crushed.  Is this the type of lug nut that came on the car from the factory?  As the car is original, with one repaint, I prefer to stick with original or a reproduction thereof.  My second question is re the trim rings.  Would the '77 have come with the brushed looking ring or the bright ring?  I had one of the four  that was defective so I ordered another from  Ames and it is poished/bright.  Now I'm pretty sure that the others on the car are brushed.  Plan to check on the car tomorrow and confirm what I have, but still want to know what it SHOULD have.  Finding conflicting info "out there".  I'd love to hear from y'all. 
"All good things are wild and free." - THOREAU

Offline NOT A TA

Re: Rally II's...trim ring and lug nut questions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure 73-81 were the same. Someone wanted more "correct" looking ones tyhan ones being offered and went through the process of having them made. http://www.citationindustries.com/
John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X

Offline TAhuntress

• ♥ 1977 W72 BrownBird ♥
Re: Rally II's...trim ring and lug nut questions
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »
Thanks for  that link.  Those are nice for sure.  If I can get away with just replacing the one trim ring, I'd prefer not to replace the originals (3).  I'm guessing that the "brushed" type finish is the correct finish then.  Thanks for your help.  Doesn't look like my question has garnered too much interest otherwise.   :-\
"All good things are wild and free." - THOREAU