Author Topic: radiator hose  (Read 331 times)

Offline oreobadr

radiator hose
« on: June 16, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
Well just got a new aftermarket water pump to help with the flow, also put in a 3 core radiator, and a high flow thermostat set  for 160... But after all of this i need a lower hose that is 1.875 inches, and then that goes to 1.5 inches, if anyone knows where to buy a hose like that or an adapter let me know because this is driving me crazy.. Also would a six blade fan with a fan clutch make a difference in temp over the 5 blade stock one?
NOS is like a hot girl with an STD. You want to hit it but you are afraid of what might happen.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Re: radiator hose
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
I ran into an adapter in a hose the other day, it's not at my house. When I go back i'll grab it and measure it. I never saw an adapter to make a rad hose smaller before, this hose had it inside one end?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:02:39 PM by Burd Turd »
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline winks79

• Chad
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »
Yes, fan clutch with more blades will help. Mine has a 7 blade with clutch, and 4 row radiator, and i never have any overheating problems, even in this 100 degree heat we are having. Mine is all stock as far as engine goes. Is your engine stock or pumping out some more ponies?  What brand water pump did you use?

Offline oreobadr

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:13:06 PM »
yeah its performance like 400 horses in the stall, and its a big block olds 455, and i am now trying to run a flowkooler pump so hopefully this is an overkill for the running hot situation... and yeah i just heard a hose adapter might work, i have not seen any, i just really want to get my car on the road before some cruises.
NOS is like a hot girl with an STD. You want to hit it but you are afraid of what might happen.