Author Topic: Turn Signal Relay or Flasher Unit (UK)  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Daz78

Turn Signal Relay or Flasher Unit (UK)
« on: November 18, 2008, 05:08:48 PM »
im confused about the flasher unit (Turn Signal Relay) in my 78 trans am. i had a  21w x 2 + 5w  in there for about a year and it was slow all that time and then it just stopped working because is was getting over loaded. because the car is as standard and has 21w on the front turn signal, 21w at the rear, 5w front side fender turn signal and 5w dash light. so the flasher unit seems to be getting overloaded by 5w. which dont seem much but enough to make it stop working after a while, so i replaced the flasher unit with a hazards (break down) flasher unit which was 21w x 4 . which works perfect at the right speed but it is virtually silent so sometimes i forget to turn the turn signal off. i need a flasher unit that can cope with 21w x 2 + 5w + 5w and has a load clicking so i can hear when i have left the turn signal on. im driving down the highway and people are waveing and flasher there headlights and i think they like the car, not that i have been driving for 5 miles with the turn signal on. LOL . please help
78 Black Trans am 6.6
70 Mustang Mach 1 5.7
89 Camaro Iroc 5.7
74 Ford Gran Torino 5.7
73 Mustang Convertible 302