Author Topic: How do I get build records from GM?  (Read 7255 times)

Offline miatasportscar

• 1981 4spd/305 "Survivor"
Re: How do I get build records from GM?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »
Can I get a set of brand new wheels like yours? Where do I get them? I love your wheels!!!
Gerry
Selling the finest pre-owned cars on the planet for 45 years!

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 11:27:17 PM »
Welcome to 78ta Gerry. Beautiful T/A you've got there sir.... and a hard top too.  :D Glad you found the T/A you really wanted. Have lots of fun with it !! :D
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 11:52:59 PM »
Thanks Gerry!  The one thing that kind of screws me is my engine.  It's a 1975 400, and as you know those didn't run for crap.  So when the new vehicle warranty expired I swapped in the pieces to make a 1969 RAIII clone.  The short block was still numbers matching, UNTIL the harmonic balancer cut loose and the bottom end grenaded.  Now I've got exactly NOTHING stock under the hood (except the carb, alternator, PS, and AC).  Otherwise there have been very few modifications to the car and almost nothing that detracts from its factory stock condition.  Even the paint is still original.  I think the engine hurts the value of the car alot for resale, but on the other hand it won't be sold until it gets auctioned off in an estate sale so I suppose it's kind of immaterial. :-\

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »
Finally someone older than me on this forum.  Welcome!

Offline miatasportscar

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
Remember this: "Age is simply cronological". If you act like an old piece of %#&%, then you will most likely seem that way. If you still turn around and take that second look at a fine woman, (or your T/A!) then you'll stay young forever. I have friends of mine younger than me that couldn't run five miles! Hell, I do it every day! Eat well, stay fit, act younger than you are, play with cars! You'll stay young forever. Is there anyone older than me on this forum? (68) I can't wait to meet some of you guys at a local T/A meet. Is there a meet in the spring somewhere in NY, PA, NJ area? Let me know, I'll be there, can of polish in one hand, rag in the other......hope I'm not the oldest guy on this forum, but if I am, I can hold my own with the best of em, trust me!

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
Sounds like you are going to fit right in here at this Forum.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »
Remember this: "Age is simply cronological". If you act like an old piece of %#&%, then you will most likely seem that way. If you still turn around and take that second look at a fine woman, (or your T/A!) then you'll stay young forever. I have friends of mine younger than me that couldn't run five miles! Hell, I do it every day! Eat well, stay fit, act younger than you are, play with cars! You'll stay young forever. Is there anyone older than me on this forum? (68) I can't wait to meet some of you guys at a local T/A meet. Is there a meet in the spring somewhere in NY, PA, NJ area? Let me know, I'll be there, can of polish in one hand, rag in the other......hope I'm not the oldest guy on this forum, but if I am, I can hold my own with the best of em, trust me!

If we ever meet...bring your running shoes.  I train with the guy who came in second at the Boston Marathon in 1968.

Offline miatasportscar

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 01:49:28 PM »
I'll leave my running shoes home, but one thing you can count on, I'll bring the newest 1981 original "survivor" T/A you ever laid eyes on! Put your sun glasses on, yer gonna need em!!!

Offline pointman

• Ohio Firebirds Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 02:12:25 PM »
Welcome Gerry to the nuthouse! Just kidding, I agree with your assessment of "don't act your age!" I think humor is one of the best medicines the good Lord gave us, more people should use it more often! Hitman (Brett) reconditioned my rims for my 78 Gold SE car, he does amazing work. He misplaces food and drink from time to time, but everything else is top-notch! The shows I love to go to are here in the midwest, Regionals in Dundee, MI. and Nationals in Dayton, OH. I'd strongly recommend making it to Nationals, a lot of fun, great cars and even better people. Besides, I'd love to see your car up close and personal.
Gerrit VK

78 Gold SE Y88 400 auto
79 Black 403 auto
86 Fiero SE V6
07 H3 Hummer
04 GMC Safari

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »
Welcome Garry, and congrats on your purchase. I also am a fellow TA lover and car dealer. Also check the shows forum, there is a Firebird/TA show in Saratoga, NY around first week of July.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 05:36:34 PM »
Welcome to the site Gerry!

Im glad to hear that you found the car you always longed for..... im sure it was worth the wait!  It looks great in the pics.
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 06:06:54 PM »

Gerry, I agree 1,000% sir. You have a great attitude. It's all in your head and your heart.

If your looking for a show here's one. All Firebird Lawn Show in Saratoga NY on July 5th. All Firebirds, Trans Ams, Formulas of every generation. I'll be there... hope to see you and your beautiful T/A there.

http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=6875.0
Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline miatasportscar

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »
Blue81T/A:
  I'll see you there. Please send particulars for this Saratoga event to my private email address: gerrya@linkny.com. I want to print it and save it. I'll spend the rest of the winter detailing this car, I'm a nutcase for perfection. It should be a great car to show, as it is an original "survivor" with just 27,000 original miles, never winter driven. I'm planning to check everything out before I start taking it to shows, but this is why I bought it, to drive places and enjoy it. I hate hanger queens, I bought it to drive and enjoy it. Hope to see you at the Saratoga Springs event. I love Saratoga Springs in the summertime! Thanks for the tip, let me hear from you...send the info to gerrya@linkny.com.
Gerry

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »
I think I've got an interesting idea for a poll -- tell us your age bracket!  I think it would be cool to see what the distribution of posters' ages is on the forum.  I'll work something up and post it up in the General Discussion area. :) :)

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 10:19:23 AM »
Gerry

I'm glad your coming to Saratoga. :D You're right Saratoga is beautiful place. During the track season, it really comes alive. I'm a member of the club that puts on the show, so I'll be on the show field all day. I'll make sure to stop by to introduce myself and check out your T/A. I emailed you the show info and some links.

See updates about the show go here

http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=6875.0

Keith
1981 Trans Am