Author Topic: Another a*hole on Ebay...  (Read 7325 times)

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Another a*hole on Ebay...
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »
Maybe I am wrong, but this guy just came off as being an A S S on Ebay.  He has and item for sale with an opening bid of $29.99.  Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370010842665

I aksed him this question:

"Do you have a buy it now on this jacket?"

He responded with:

"NO, is a open auction. (the whole point of Ebay). Bid your highest"
(to me, that sounded kinda brash)

So, I responded:

"it was just a simple question, thats all."

And he came back to me with this:

"no it was not. you want it to jump to the front and take adventage. for a personal gain either to buy it to resell it or to get it for cheap. praying on the weak. it did not work for you becouse I'm not weak or stupid."

What the heck is THAT all about?  Did I ask something wrong?  What do you guys think?  Am I missing something?  Please tell me if I am wrong with the above statements !

I know I was wrong when I sent this response back to him:

"what the hell is your problem, it was simple freakin' question, that all, nothing else.  I am looking at the jacket for personal gain.. yes, I want to add it to my collection of 5 other Trans Am jackets that I have.  So, I am not looking to resell it or anything like that.  I am not praying on the weak.. I think you should get down off your high horse and go F%@$ yourself."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 11:58:54 AM by Hitman »
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
Re: Another a*hole on Ebay...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
Let me start with: The whole point of ebay is to sell or buy something, not to have an open aution.  If it was to have an open aution, then there wouldn't be a "Buy it now" option.

IMHO, it should have stopped with his first reply.  He showed that he could be an A**hole with his first response.

And all it did by responding back was get you to respond with something you knew was wrong. 

But it felt good to rant back, didn't it?         ;D

Many of us would have done the same thing.       ;)

And NO, it wasn't wrong for you to ask if there is a "buy it now" price.

When I sell something on ebay, I state that there is not a "buy it now" price so please don't ask to end aution early.  And I still get asked.  I just shake my head and leave it at that.  Yes, I could reply back with "Can't you read" like I've seen some sellers do, but I'm not perfect either.     :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 12:17:18 PM by wheels78ta »
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline folzinal

• -Ryan
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »
I actually like when someone requests a buy-it-now on my auctions.  I will throw back a number that is higher than what I would be willing to accept and they either take it or not.  But I don't sell as a business entity, just trying to clear stuff out.

As far as the comments, I would have ended after his first response as well - however I am a very non-confrontational person.  Though I really don't understand sellers that get crappy with potential buyers; it can't be good for business.

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 12:30:23 PM »
Let me start with: The whole point of ebay is to sell or buy something, not to have an open aution.  If it was to have an open aution, then there wouldn't be a "Buy it now" option.

IMHO, it should have stopped with his first reply.  He showed that he could be an A**hole with his first response.

And all it did by responding back was get you to respond with something you knew was wrong. 

But it felt good to rant back, didn't it?         ;D

Many of us would have done the same thing.       ;)

And NO, it wasn't wrong for you to ask if there is a "buy it now" price.

When I sell something on ebay, I state that there is not a "buy it now" price so please don't ask to end aution early.  And I still get asked.  I just shake my head and leave it at that.  Yes, I could reply back with "Can't you read" like I've seen some sellers do, but I'm not perfect either.     :P

Yeah, I would have done the same thing as Brett too.

For the ones who ask something that was already answered in my auctions I will usually reply with something like "As stated in the auction there is no BIN price." If I'm feeling crabby I'll let it be posted on the auction page for others to see who asked the question. lol
Larry

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »
As far as this seller, if he didn't put anything in his auction about having no BIN price then the question was legit. If the whole point of eBay is to only have open auctions then why did they give the BIN option?
Larry

Offline Solar78

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
Maybe I am wrong, but this guy just came off as being an A S S on Ebay.  He has and item for sale with an opening bid of $29.99.  Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370010842665

I aksed him this question:

"Do you have a buy it now on this jacket?"

He responded with:

"NO, is a open auction. (the whole point of Ebay). Bid your highest"
(to me, that sounded kinda brash)

So, I responded:

"it was just a simple question, thats all."

And he came back to me with this:

"no it was not. you want it to jump to the front and take adventage. for a personal gain either to buy it to resell it or to get it for cheap. praying on the weak. it did not work for you becouse I'm not weak or stupid."

What the heck is THAT all about?  Did I ask something wrong?  What do you guys think?  Am I missing something?  Please tell me if I am wrong with the above statements !

I know I was wrong when I sent this response back to him:

"what the hell is your problem, it was simple freakin' question, that all, nothing else.  I am looking at the jacket for personal gain.. yes, I want to add it to my collection of 5 other Trans Am jackets that I have.  So, I am not looking to resell it or anything like that.  I am not praying on the weak.. I think you should get down off your high horse and go F%@$ yourself."

Half the people don't add buy it now becuase it cost extra money.... so I usually ask. NEVER got a reply like that before.....

The better question Hitman - DO YOU WEAR AN XTRA SMALL!!! hahahahaha

"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 12:37:57 PM »
Well, all I can say is that I make it a practice to pray for the weak, and not a habit to prey on the weak. :D ;)

In this case methinks the "weak" refers to the mind of the seller... ::) ::) ???

Offline stonewall61

• Brad
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:41 PM »
the seller must have been having a bad day..... or.... nobody is bidding on his other items and HE is the one wanting personal gain........ either way... your question was an honest one........ the guy has anger problems... ;)

also... i liked the way you finished up.......... nice. ;D

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »
Like I said, I know my last comment was wrong and I should not have done it, but I am having a bad day so I snapped back at that pompous idiot.  And it was with one of my Ebay names that I just use for buying crap like this so I don't care about the name or reputation on it.  No, I do not wear a Small size jacket, I just look at it for the collectors value of it.  Honestly, I don't think a single one of the jackets that I own that I can actually fit into.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline turbota400

• Adv. Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 01:38:12 PM »
Those are probably HIS gucci dress and fancy shoes he's selling too.
Shawn
1972 Chevy C-10
1980 Trans Am Pace Car - 428 ci Poncho in the works
1992 S-10 2WD- Work Bomber/Gas saver
1997 Chevy X-cab 4x4 - Vortec 350

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 04:30:37 PM »
Well, he did post your question and his answer. Brett go have a cup of hot Cocoa and a sugar cookie and sit in the corner.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline Tinman5

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 06:27:19 PM »
Brett--

Geez, that eBay guy's a touchy little feller, huh?

Just chalk it up to the fact that he's selling an extra-small jacket so he's probably trying to compensate for something...either that, or he just got off the lithium treatments too early.

Tinman5
"If you don't make dust, you eat dust."

1939 Silver Streak (street rod)
1973 Trans Am
1974 Grand Am
1976 Trans Am (50th Anniversary, 400ci/350 auto)
1979 Trans Am (10th Anniversary, 400ci/four speed)

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 06:55:53 PM »
  And it was with one of my Ebay names that I just use for buying crap like this so I don't care about the name or reputation on it. 

I have a question.  What is the reason for using more than one name?  I didn't even know you could do that.  It does sound like fun though, especially when someone treats you like that guy did you. Just curious.  I sell some on eBay but not for a living- just to get some cap parts money.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 08:57:02 PM »
I use different names for different items.  I have my main one which s for 78ta.com, then I have one for 89ta stuff, then I have my Trans Am Specialties stuff on another Ebay name, then I have a personal Ebay account to sell personal items and stuff for the family and things like that.  I have multiple Ebay accounts for that reason.  I can also set up those multiple acounts because I have multiple domain names for email addresses for Ebay. 
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline turbota400

• Adv. Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
He's like the spy of ebay.  So many aliases you never know where he is.
Shawn
1972 Chevy C-10
1980 Trans Am Pace Car - 428 ci Poncho in the works
1992 S-10 2WD- Work Bomber/Gas saver
1997 Chevy X-cab 4x4 - Vortec 350