Author Topic: '77 or '78 SE  (Read 3894 times)

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
Re: '77 or '78 SE
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 04:35:10 PM »
value is in the eye's of the purchaser. I have only came across 2 real y82's in my area since i started looking. 1. of which was super nice and the guy wanted 56k for it as it only had 23,000 miles on it and his ad actually said 5,600 (misprint) the other was for 4,800 with non original 400 that didnt run plenty of rust to repair so she went from this,

to this currently

I had alot of work infront of me. rust repair to the quarters, tail panel and one rocker to engin replacement as the other one wasnt even rebuildable. to changing the t-top frames and paint plus decales and glass along with needing new interior. I have near 10k total invested at this point doing it myself but these cars are out there if your willing to travel the value of the real y82's are crazy imo but would i do it all over again?
YOU BET I WOULD
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline burtbook

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 03:41:56 PM »
Yeah, Most of the ones that I have looked into have had alot of rot. A majority of them have been in the Southeast. Being from Florida originally, I know that if you let a nice car sit out in the weather for a few years, they'll rot to the ground. When I was a teen in South Florida, there were alot of SE's around. I'm leaning towards getting this one, it does come with alot of new parts. It also has a freshly built rear with 3.55 gears and Eaton Posi and new front and rear springs and shocks. I just wish it had the original drivetrain. If I do get it I'm thinking LS2 or LS3 since it won't be #s matching and only had the 403 anyways.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:57:28 PM by burtbook »

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »
if you feel the car is worth it to you, then it is. but if not, then its not.
Too many birds, not enough food.