Author Topic: musclecargeye on ebay  (Read 6690 times)

Offline goldbird78se

Re: musclecargeye on ebay
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »
thanks jupiterbandit.  the nice thing about my car is that it does need work and i can do it the way i'd like - research and pick the carburetor and tires, for instance.  kind of like buying a fixer upper house vs. one in great condition.  the fixer upper is cheaper and needs work, but you can put in your dream kitchen vs. living with someone else's dream kitchen, right?

and stan - no. i naively thought i was buying something ready to drive.  i didn't realize this car would become an on and off part time job.  but it is; and i'm enjoying learning more about my car and how to make it better.  i'm an artist and i think this car is one of the most artistic expressions i've ever seen.  probably why i'm so drawn to it. 

yes, i AM looking forward, as you can see from my previous post. 

Offline TransAm_Stan

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 11:37:07 AM »
i'm an artist and i think this car is one of the most artistic expressions i've ever seen.  probably why i'm so drawn to it. 

yes, i AM looking forward, as you can see from my previous post. 

First let me apologize. I mistakenly thought you were male, as 99.9% of us are around here.  For that i apologize profusely.

With that said I would like to change my wording on my last post.  Please substitute girlfriend to boyfriend!

What kind of artistry do you do?  Can we, the forum, expect some form of painting, drawing etc. down the road?  I certainly hope so!

I too think that the Trans Am is one of the sexiest cars to ever wear tires.  Sure has my creative juices flowing at times. (like I am trying to make mine more expressive with a new motor!)

Here's to Trans Am's! (glasses clinking together)

Regards,

Stan

76 White w blue int. 400 4sp. "Toastee"

76 white with blue/white interior. 400 4 sp.(ongoing project)

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 11:44:11 AM »
Cheers!

Offline goldbird78se

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 08:08:29 PM »
ha, stan.  apology accepted.  i guess i felt (after i got the car and discovered its issues) that charles took advantage of the fact that i'm a girl and knew nothing about the mechanics of the car, or any car for that matter.  but i'm learning.... yes, i'm an artist, actress, writer and i live with a bluebird on my shoulder, if you will.  happy, trusting, all that.  but don't cross me and don't lie.  that's more than i can take. 

if i ever figure out photobucket, i'll get some pics of the car up and maybe me with it. 

here's my art: www.lelaaltman.com

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »
ha, stan.  apology accepted.  i guess i felt (after i got the car and discovered its issues) that charles took advantage of the fact that i'm a girl and knew nothing about the mechanics of the car, or any car for that matter.  but i'm learning.... yes, i'm an artist, actress, writer and i live with a bluebird on my shoulder, if you will.  happy, trusting, all that.  but don't cross me and don't lie.  that's more than i can take. 

if i ever figure out photobucket, i'll get some pics of the car up and maybe me with it. 

here's my art: www.lelaaltman.com

After seeing what you got I would say Charles did good. He finds cars that are almost impossible to find in better condition than most and sells them affordably. I bought a 1967 Mustang Convertible. It was all original, it ran and drove. Rust was minimal. I paid $3500 for it. I put new tires, brakes, and exhaust on it. so I had about $4,500 in to her and when I high wheeled the paint it shined like new. That car sold before I got it out of the muffler shop for $10k

Point is, Charles can be a great resource and he's kind of a country bumpkin. What is nice to him may not be what's nice for others. He has lower expectations but at the end of the day he was a stand up guy.

I saw your auction and there were two people on your tail that would of happily taken that car at $8,700. That's great news because at least you know other people loved your car too. You won. lol

I only say this stuff to you so that you don't lose a good contact in Charles. He gets some really cool highly collectible stuff and he sells it cheap. I have no idea how he does it. Plus he gets or can locate a lot of hard to get parts for you.

Food for thought.

I checked out your work and it's pretty cool. Oh and to the rest of the guys on here, Lela is a hottie.

Now you'll be getting all the help you need.  ;D

Offline goldbird78se

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »
you're sweet jupiterbandit.  my car is turning more heads than i am these days.

i think you're right about charles.  we definitely had poor communication and i didn't know exactly what to ask.  i maintain that we're both at fault for a rough transaction. 

my bottom line - buy a car from charles.  just ask the right questions so you're not surprised. come to this forum to find out the questions. (i found y'all after purchase) oh, and ask to see the title.