Author Topic: New to the Forum!  (Read 6222 times)

Offline powermelissa

New to the Forum!
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:47:02 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Melissa! I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. First off, I'm a big-time car girl. I really dig cars of all types, and especially drag racing. I own a couple Mustangs myself, one of which will have an LS7 engine in it!

I've worked for the NMRA & NMCA the past few years, and now I'm helping start a new video company called powerTV which broadcasts motorsport TV and video over the internet. The cool thing is we will be covering all NMRA & NMCA events.

I'll let you know when we have some new video up! Let me know if I post too much video stuff, but we are trying to get as much feedback as we can . . . let me know what you think!

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
New to the Forum!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum, I am sure alot of us will be checking out the videos.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
New to the Forum!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 01:03:52 AM »
Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh  (sounding like Dustin Hoffman as Rainman) was that the M word??  :shock:

I'm beating myself in the top of the head!!!! :lol:  :lol:

Make it stop!!
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Hammer

New to the Forum!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 12:31:24 PM »
Hey Powermellisa,

Welcome!  However, I just want to let you know that we appreciate Firebird and Trans Am enthusiasts here at this forum.  Therefore, I must express extreme caution in using the "M" word (i.e., Mustang) with our gang. I am sure you'll remember this in the future and we hope that your interests are with Trans Am's and Firebirds as that is the entire purpose of this forum.  

If you have a T/A or Firebird please post pictures.  We enjoy pictures of Trans Am's and Firebirds.  Otherwise, I think you're just trying to sell us something.  If sales is not your intention please forgive me and for what I am about to write and welcome to our forum.  

But in your initial hello description mentioning the "M" word  and the LS7 engine has me sceptical about your intentions and just wasn't smart.  I hope your intentions are good and not a solicitation to sell television programming or other.  However, I think that you are Melissa Laurence from NMRA/NMCA or your previous employer ProMedia Events now with PowerTV trying to sell or soliciate our members with WHATEVER and I personally am not interested. I hope I am wrong!  But I don't believe that I am as I am pretty intelligent.  Care to divulge your identity or did I just do that for you?

Hammer

Offline powermelissa

New to the Forum!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:00:57 AM »
Sorry! I didn't realize you guys were Mustang haters! :-) I just thought everyone would find our Mustang/LS7 project interesting - no problem. I am Melissa Lawrence, previously from the NMCA and NMRA Drag Racing Series, as I mentioned. And I wasn't trying to sell anything. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you guys know about some cool videos we've been working on. Sorry if I offended someone! I don't have a Firebird/Trans Am right now, but I've always liked them and we've been thinking of doing a project on one.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
New to the Forum!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 04:08:12 PM »
Again, welcome to the forum.... sometimes some of our Trans Am Enthusiasts are a little hopped up on Coffee and Sweets for the Holidays.  The see the word "MUSTANG" and they get all antsy.  We are all a good bunch of people when we are not on a sugar rush.  :D
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
New to the Forum!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »
Sorry! I didn't realize you guys were Mustang haters!  I just thought everyone would find our Mustang/LS7 project interesting

that sounds AWESOME!!!!! that officiall makes it a gm version of the mustang, which means it will be better than when ford tried to steal the t tops from gm!!!!!hahahaha

id be game for some pictures of this project....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
New to the Forum!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 09:08:04 PM »
I love Mustangs but only when they're beside me at the red light.  :lol:
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline kyledyr

• 1981 Trans Am - HydroCarbon powered Eco-Vehicle
New to the Forum!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 09:40:35 PM »
i love the front ends of mustangs. that is, seeing the front ends in my rear view mirror!!
"If you want me to be eco-friendly, make eco-friendly not suck."
'81 305 Trans Am WS6

Hammer

New to the Forum!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 11:19:59 PM »
I guess I had too many sweets (or beverages) over the holidays. Hitman is exactly right.  My apology PowerMelissa, I should have used a couple asprin before responding to the "M" word flying around on the forum.  

Powermelissa the Hitman is right that we really are a good group and we can admit when we are wrong. I shouldn't have responded so harshly to a new member.   PowerMelissa please accept my deepest apology as I am very sorry.  

I did get to see some of your videos.  Pretty cool stuff.  Keep the good stuff coming.  If you get a cool Firebird or Trans Am video going.  Hurray!

Hammer (or more to the point, hammered over the Holiday's)

Offline powermelissa

New to the Forum!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 12:42:18 PM »
No problem guys! It's all fun and games - I can take a little Mustang bashing!

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
New to the Forum!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »
:shock: Hammer!! :oops:  tsk, tsk, tsk..... :lol:
Now where are the blankets and snacks?? :P I think Melissa maybe gets hers first even if she's not a refugee.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
New to the Forum!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 01:50:25 PM »
I'm trying to think...I believe powermelissa IS a TAC refugee too -- she registered just prior to The Crash, so not so many posts over there... :?  :lol:

Offline powermelissa

New to the Forum!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »
I'm not sure if I am a "refugee" or not!?

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
New to the Forum!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »
We'll count you as one -- I remember you, and there's *no* evidence to the contrary! :lol:  :lol:  :wink: