Author Topic: The Natz  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
The Natz
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »
The new site for the Natz well let's just say it isn't the best, I didn't care for the place they put all the vendors at, it was like you were at a separate event, and I asked the other vendors there they said the same, I think it's time for me to skip the Natz and do The Tri Nats at Norwalk, Hitman did stop over to the booth to say hi, I was beat after a whole day there and I didn't go to Tipp city, hope you had enough help for the event. I hit the pool and then drank some beer. It was good to see some old friends and some new ones too.  The parts did sell well and the literature was a huge seller for me. I sold out of the Freedom battery kits too,
I wish it was still at the Marriott.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:55:39 AM by Burd Turd »
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline 02BlueWS6

Re: The Natz
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:27:01 AM »
It did look like a raw deal for the vendors. I did however like the location. Less of a hassle to get to and a whole lot more options for food. A lot nicer that you could walk to eat.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
Your rite on the food in the area, but we all have a car there, I'm done for a while on this one, Norwalk is looking better.  And the construction on 75 in Dayton, that's been going on since my first Natz 15 years ago, it never gets finished?

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »
Everything was way too spread out. I never got over to see the SE cars. Not even sure where they were located. Vendors seemed to have gotten the shaft too. We should all call the U of D and voice our opinions as they were the ones who messed up the Marriot.
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
Well the se cars were back with the customs.... All the 4th gens were up front and made it seem like a 4th gen show. The vendors could have moved to the SE area and gotten a lot of more sales. The DJ needs put down.... Take him out back "ol yeller" style. Supposedly they are renovating for next years show. I won't be there to see it but I'll read all about it
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline TAvsGN

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »
They did have a 4th Gen class in that back lot, in front of the SE class.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't understand why class A was next to class K3 (which my 98 T/A was in).  Just thought they would have had some more order to where the classes were.  I liked the new location overall, but did think the way it was spread out was a little odd.  Guess for the first year, it was good, and I am sure it will be something that will be worked on.  As far as the DJ goes, as long as he didn't play the Firebird song, I could handle it!
78 Formula
98 Trans Am
77 Grand Prix SJ
87 Grand National

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

Offline ddmurdock

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:40 PM »
Being in the SE class, I really didn't want to seem like I was complaining, but when I saw the layout, I thought that nobody would find us back there.  And as the show went on, more and more people told me that they couldn't find us, didn't know where we were at, or had to ask where we were.  And we were towards the front of the area.  Some of the cars were so far in the back that even I didn't get to see them.  Given the limited space with so many cars, I don't know what the answer is, but I hope that something can be done to even things out for everyone.
'77 SE Y82 L78 for show
'95 Y82 for go
'98 WS6 SGM 1 of 26

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »
I couldn't believe how much 3rd and 4th gen lit I sold, when I bought all the lit I didn't even  want the 82 up lit, and that was the most looked at tub in the booth.
I hope the people that run this show take a serious look at this event, it's getting smaller every year, if it keeps on it may not happen anymore, and that would be a shame, also I would like to see a 5th Gen class for the new conversions. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:51:40 AM by Burd Turd »