Author Topic: "Carousel" Red  (Read 3061 times)

Offline SOLICIT

"Carousel" Red
« on: November 17, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
A good & relaxing time-waster for me is pic editing.  Here's a simple one I've been tinkering with.  It's currently the wallpaper on my laptop.  Is it too corny?  How did Pontiac come up with the name "Carousel Red"?  I was thinking about continuing to fiddle with the file and make a t-shirt to wear at POCI's convention in St. Charles next year.

Offline z.goddard

Re: "Carousel" Red
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »
I'm liking those rims, pretty good pic editing also, I'd never be able to get something that perfect.

Offline SOLICIT

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
I'm liking those rims, pretty good pic editing also, I'd never be able to get something that perfect.
Thanks for the compliment, but this is far from good.  Wish I had skills & resources like Rainman.  Just was curious what folks thought of the concept.  Judging by the lack of response, I'm guessing.....not so much.

I really am curious where the name Carousel Red came from.

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »
I think they just made up names for the colors. Starlight black, Solar gold, Mayan red, Atlantis blue, Nocturne blue....somebody at Pontiac marketing just decided on an imaginative name for the colors that were used on Pontiacs at the time. It made the choice of color more interesting to the buyer and made for nice reading in the dealer brochure. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.
And sometimes the different GM divisions made up their own names for the colors, even though they often used the exact same color. For example, Chevrolet's Hugger Orange is the same paint code as Pontiac's Carousel red.
Steve F.

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:21:01 AM »
I like it!
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline 79taman

• If it aint a TA it aint chit!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 03:40:47 AM »
I absolutely love this work, great job, hope you dont mind me snagging it for my pc back ground
Joey
Link to my project!

Offline Trans am Oz

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 06:56:17 AM »

Offline crazyd_wv

• Yellowbird on cardomain
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »
Very well done.  I think it would good on a t-shirt.
David
1980 Firebird Yellowbird 
Just rolled over 35,000 miles
Numbers matching
301 & TH350 Trans

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 04:44:02 PM »
The color names are more of a marketing ploy than anything else. Look back at some of the colors on the muscle cars from the late 60's up - Plum Crazy, Go Mango, Panther Pink, Hugger Orange, Daytona Yellow, etc.

As for the photoshop work - looks great to me.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »
Beautiful T/A  you have there . I give you an  "A" for the ps and idea

Offline Striker

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:00 AM »
Nice Picture Tommy. We NEED To get some pics of our Cars Side by Side Man. Every Time I see you Post a pic of your car I just Love Carousel Red more and more! I have another Buddy in my Town who has another 76 Carousel Red T/A. He only takes it out a few times, and one time we just cruised together for a little.

I first saw his Car/Color at a local car show in 2006 (when I was 17 and Took LOTS of pics) and never saw it since. I Fell in love and Bought mine this yr, I thought the car was Long gone from the area, and now I see him again haha.  How Cool would It be to have 3 Side by side in one Pic?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:37:44 AM by ryanicholas528 »
1971 Lucerne Blue Trans Am   455

Offline SOLICIT

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
How Cool would It be to have 3 Side by side in one Pic?

That would be sick!  Let's make it happen!!!  I'd be willing to chip in cash toward a photographer.....maybe get some pics around the city.