Author Topic: question on hurst hatches  (Read 1121 times)

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
question on hurst hatches
« on: March 08, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
i have the style which the weather stipping is installed into the t-top frame. which style is this? there is a plastic trim that scews on to the frame that covers the edge of the headliner. also will either gen hurst hatch work for the car? i need a drivers side if anyone has one. i know someone stated something about the weather stipping holding up the headliner but this doesnt appear to be doing so. i need to know if i am the screwed one and cannot get new seals for this and if i could make the other style work if i do not have the style that is available in reproduction thanks guys.
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Re: question on hurst hatches
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
The ones with the plastic trim around the inside edge holding up the headliner are the 2nd generation Hurst tops. I'm afraid you're fears are correct on the seals for them. But I don't know if you can make the early style seals work or not. I'm sure Brett or someone else will know.
Larry

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 03:24:10 PM »
The ones with the plastic trim around the inside edge holding up the headliner are the 2nd generation Hurst tops. I'm afraid you're fears are correct on the seals for them. But I don't know if you can make the early style seals work or not. I'm sure Brett or someone else will know.

Thats the way I read it here one time to . If it was rubber holding up the roof liner ,than it was a first gen T top . If it was held up with a piece of plastic molding  it is the second gen .
I wonder how hard it would be to convert to 1st gen Rick . You have an actual SE ,so putting Fisher's in is out right?

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 01:15:19 PM »
i'd rather not put in fishers at all. there has got to be a way to modify the other weather stripping. does anyone have even one laying around that i could play with? im screwed if i cannot figure this out. the car will look like crap when done without weather stripping. i need to replace the roof but i'd put in a coupe roof atleast so i could add the hurst hatches later on as i can find things. does anyone have the gen I frames?
Too many birds, not enough food.