Author Topic: 1971 Firebird Formula Heater control Vacuum diagram  (Read 1157 times)

Offline tesla48

1971 Firebird Formula Heater control Vacuum diagram
« on: November 15, 2015, 07:46:13 PM »
Hello my 71 heater control was disconnected when I purchased. does anyone have the routing of the colored hoses that go to the 9 port and 3 port vacuum valves on the heater controls? Black is engine vacuum, blue is defrost valve, gray is heat valve, yellow is inside heater box valve, white is rear of same heater box valve, brown is to cowl and kick panel valves. just need to know what numbered port each goes to. If yours have been replaced with just black hose , please describe which valve each port goes to. Thanks in advance and hope the colored hose description I gave can help someone at least get as close as I have to getting their heater controls to work right. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline tata

Re: 1971 Firebird Formula Heater control Vacuum diagram
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
So not sure if this will help, I looked at one I just pulled off a 78 but, yellow 5, blue 4 ,black 3 ,brown 2 ,white 6

Offline tesla48

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
cant hurt to try. thanks.

Offline tata

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 04:07:43 PM »
I want to say I think there all the same, if not my partner has a 70 and a book.i do have a 74 book here too. Let me know how it goes or if I need to try to find it in a book