Author Topic: front park lights  (Read 740 times)

Offline 1KWK-BRD

front park lights
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »
Got a crazy one all my lights work except the two front park lights. Everything else works front to back turn signals, brake lights, rear taillights all headlights. What the heck is going on !!!!!! all fuses are good I tried hooking up another harness and it does the same. I took the fuse block apart and all conections look good also.     78 T/A
Things that make you go HUMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!

Rob

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Re: front park lights
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »
So the front two turn signals work?
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:46:56 AM »
simple things first...bulbs/sockets/grounds
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline 1KWK-BRD

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:20:06 AM »
Yep the two front turn signals work, headlights low beam & high beam. Stupid question--the lights are just hanging from the core support, are the housings part of the ground system? I figured if grounds were an issue the lights or turn signals wouldn't work. Also all new bulbs. I've built several birds and have never run into this problem. I'm sure its something stupid but what a brain teaser. I also noticed the right front side marker bulb is not as bright as the left, also when using the turn signals the right seems to be slower also. The left works as it should. I would think this is due to low voltage?

Rob

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:44:10 AM »
Nope housings aren't part of the ground circuit. There are however (2) grounds that are part of the parking light circuit. Each connects to the core support to provide the ground for the front lights.

After that, it's entirely possible the light sockets are shot or the bulbs are wrong or both.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline 1KWK-BRD

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »
I have both grounds secured. the stupid problem is I hooked up a second front harness and it does the same exact thing. When I get home today I'm going to hook up a third harness and see what happens, and also double check grounds and bulbs. Just unusual thats the only problem.
Thanks for everyones help.

Rob

Offline 1KWK-BRD

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »
Thanks to all for keeping me on the right track. Never under estimate the power of the harness. I have 6 front light harnesses and the last one I tried worked perfect. Each harness had its own issues. Wow what a brain teaser.
 Thanks again, Rob