Author Topic: 10th TA Non-Antenna Windshield  (Read 864 times)

Offline Juliana

10th TA Non-Antenna Windshield
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
I'm trying to keep my TATA numbers matching 4 Speed car as original as possible during a ground up restoration.  The things that I figured to be simple sometimes end up the most challenging.  The car has been painted and wet sanded now to 1800 and the decals from PG are going on this week.  

My body man wants to install the windshield.  The oiginal windshield is long gone, being it was removed and thrown out a few years ago when we took the car apart.  

Calling around to the restoration houses, all of the windshields for the '79 f-bodies have antennas in them.  Having the power antenna on the fender, did the 10th cars use a windshield without the antenna built in?  If so, where can I buy one?  Also, did the original windshield have a green tint to it?  Restoration is being done in Minnesota.

I appreciate any and all advice  Regards, B
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:29:01 PM by Juliana »

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: 10th TA Non-Antenna Windshield
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:35:25 PM »
all have had a green tint, the only reason some look different is because the tint changes colors over time in the sun, as for the windshield, i dont think they all used the antenna, my original windshield in the car didnt have one in it, but was supposed to,  i assume it was replaced with a non antenna windshield....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....