Author Topic: PHS Question  (Read 3601 times)

Offline ecc12

PHS Question
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:33:48 PM »
Hi Recieved mine PHS documentation on my 1979 TA and was concerned that I onlly have 5 option code listed on the dealers order sheet. The rpo codes are c60,c49,a01,un9,ws6 thats all on sheet. My 1978 Espirit PHS sheet has more than mine 1979 why so? there no rim codes , trim codes, console code and ws4 code and ect. but I do have ws4 code on my firewall tag, Also what wierd is on the right side of invoice amount column there is  "MMM " printed all way down the sheet like the sheet was cut off or not printed all the way or trying spell some thing ? what is the "mmm" stand for ?   any help would greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: PHS Question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »
and was concerned that I onlly have 5 option code listed on the dealers order sheet.

Not a big concern...just means your Esprit had more options I'm guessing.

The rpo codes are c60,c49,a01,un9,ws6 thats all on sheet.

C60= air conditioning
C49= rear defrost
A01= tinted glass
UN9= radio accommodation package
WS6= performance suspension package

there no rim codes , trim codes, console code and ws4 code and ect.
That kind of stuff is found on an original buildsheet from the factory but PHS does not include this.

Also what wierd is on the right side of invoice amount column there is  "MMM " printed all way down the sheet like the sheet was cut off or not printed all the way or trying spell some thing ?
I think what you're seeing is the dealer order form beneath the other document when it was photocopied.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline ecc12

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:56:39 AM »
Thank You

Also I guess this would make my 1979 TA  with 403 and ws6 suspension a Basic TA ?
So its not a special edition since no code on firewal tag and also no code on dealer's order sheet.

dose any  one have a pic of orginal  basic black TA I want to restore back to orginal condition, did this have any striping on them? what was diffrent between special and basic on exterior ?

Offline winks79

• Chad
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »
Non SE T/A's did not come with any striping on them from the factory. A lot of people did and do put SE stripes on all color of T/A's, but it is not factory. In 79' only the TATA's and SE's came with stripes. You will have to look at build sheet or your original window sticker to find out what color graphics came on your car. Could have been gold, blue, orange, or charcoal graphics. These are the colors I have seen from factory on black 79's.

Offline ecc12

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
That would of been great if I had a build sheet or window sticker but I only have info from PHS wich dose not state what type of graphic I have. But now its a mystery. my car is Starlight Black with Camel Tan interior.

Offline winks79

• Chad
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »
More than likely it came with gold if it came with tan interior. Although you could order just about any color combo inside and out on these cars. I have seen some off the wall combos that you would swear they never came that way, but the build sheet backs it up! :o  Most black T/A's with charcoal graphics I have seen came with black interiors.

Offline ecc12

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »
Ok Thanks I just wished to have more detail info for my car from PHS

Offline GPlover74

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »
The PHS is light in my opinion for the cost. I understand it used to be better. The invoice is very high-level and only shows a fraction of the build sheet.  My build sheet was under the front passenger seat and was shredded by the time I got the car...I saved what I could.  My car is a Z code car so a majority of the important stuff was known (only came one way - motor, tranny, rear axle, etc).  I knew it wasn't a SE so I was mostly getting the PHS to see what you actually got hearing people say it was very light these days (I have pictures of what comes in the entire packet).

Remains of my build sheet...last column on the right, 5th row down shows my graphic color (blue).

PHS

Have you looked in all the usual places for your build sheet?
1979 400 4 speed

Offline ecc12

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 08:22:16 AM »
My Car came with no interior so finding a build sheet is slim chance I have included  a partial copy of my phs document.
Thanks for all your help

Offline ecc12

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »
un9 code did this mean my car had no radio in it? if it did what kind or type radio was init?

Offline GPlover74

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 09:22:44 AM »
Bummer on the buildsheet...last hope is probably above the gas tank.

The way I understand it is if you had UN9 it would have had no radio from the factory. It would have had some of the internals to support one being added later but pretty minimal.  Here is some more info from firebirdtransamparts.com:

UN9 was a pay-extra option called the "radio accommodation package". This came free with a radio, but was a pay-extra option if you didn't get a radio. From the abbreviation, UN9 on build sheets refers to the noise suppression capacitors on your alternator, fusebox, and blower motor.
For invoice purposes, UN9 included the windshield antenna (U76). The antenna is always coded separately on build sheets. After 1979, you could also opt for a power antenna (U75) for extra money.
1979 400 4 speed

Offline ecc12

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »
Thanks
I did rremove gas tank hoping to find build sheet but no luck wich a bummer.
I guess from info I have my car probally plain jane black tan interior Trans am with ws6 suspension and 403 engine with ac, rear defrogger and no radio, all other like rims, decal type is unknow. This why hoping PHS would shine some  light on my car but they did not for what they sent me.
 But over all  Thank You

Offline GPlover74

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 03:36:01 PM »
Rims are known...WS6 would have came with 15 x 8 snowflakes...likely Grey (vs. Gold) as it is a non-SE.

I think you have just about everything figured out.. The color of the decal isn't a big deal, pick one you like and go with it!
1979 400 4 speed

Offline ecc12

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 04:07:51 PM »
I think since my intereior is tan that i will go with the gold bird but  my rims hmmm . I do have a set of 15x7  that came with my 1978 espirit that are gold in color  I think of using them until I get set of 15x8 for it.
Thank you

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 04:19:15 AM »
PHS confirmed it is not an SE or it would be listed, it's a major option.