Author Topic: NOS GM RIVETS!!!  (Read 13706 times)

Offline bobg

Re: NOS GM RIVETS!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 08:39:53 AM »
I agree, the rivet was probably filled over, or a patch was welded in that area to repair. As for the Rosette rivets and price, they are getting hard to find due to the issue of stolen cars with swapped Vins. I think that due to the liability, they are just not easily accesible. Last year I saw a guy who had a set and his sold for $35 for the pair. As said, for anyone that has to do a upper cowl replacement or repair, it may seem like a small price to pay to be correct looking.
79  TATA 400 W72 4spd
79 gold 400 4spd w72 T top
74 superduty 455 4spd
70 Trans am Ram air 4speed

Offline SalNat

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »
heres the best i could get with the car inside a shed, under a cover & on a rainy day.  the angle is upside down, using a led flashlight, through the windshield!   but you get the idea.  should be 2 equally spaced rivets & a perfect stamped rectangle opening. 

im sure someone else can post a better pic.

Thank you so much mate ... I really appreciate the effort you made to take that photo.

Yours looks great but I can’t tell whether it is normal rivets or the Rosette ones!!!

and thanks for all your comments guys … The car was originally blue interior and as you can see it is sliver gray anniversary interior now so for sure the PO has done something in there … I just don’t know what it is  :(

I’ll investigate and see … hopefully the rivet is in there and most importantly hopefully there is no rust in there or the repair wasn’t done properly ???

but I changed my mind now and bought the rivets for $40 just in case  ;D

Anyway I can get some kind of a history report for my car from the DVA or something?!! bear in mind I’m located in the UK and the car was imported from the US back in 2007
1981 Trans Am
2008 BMW 320

Offline highway star

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 08:05:51 PM »
Here's a link to the PHS service on Pontiacs. They can send you an invoice and other info. for your TA.

http://www.phs-online.com/

Offline SalNat

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »
Thanks mate ... but I didn't mean the PHS documents ... I already have these. What I meant is something like the ones you see in ebay listings where it says 'This listing includes a FREE full AutoCheck vehicle history report' if you click on that report you can see the full history of the car from A to Z ... of course thats a free one so I'm guessing you can get a detailed one if you pay for it!!!
1981 Trans Am
2008 BMW 320