Author Topic: 1978 Lower sail panel HELP  (Read 769 times)

Offline uranjack

1978 Lower sail panel HELP
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »
As the title states. I need help with my trans am. The lower sail panel piece is not going on for some odd reason. It wont fit in without blocking the way of the screw hole for were the T top goes in. If that makes sense. I can make all the holes fit perfectley but then it blocks that hole so please help. Pictures would be great or a step by step thanks.

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: 1978 Lower sail panel HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 09:40:42 PM »
I think we need some pictures of the problem from you...kinda' hard to visualize the problem you're describing.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline uranjack

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:49:45 PM »
I dont have a camera at the moment so I will try to describe it better. On the passenger side were your head is right behind you to the side is the Lower sail panel. It hooks up to the lower part of the back window and to the piece were your T top hooks into the car. Were it hooks into the car It has a cover panel that is small. It screws into the silver metal part. When I put in the lower sail panel it covers up the hole to screw in that cover

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
i assume you have fisher t-tops? and the panel your reffering to, is the sail panel?  has a coat hanger and hooks to the metal loop around at the back side of your window?  and the cover for your t-top trim or as i like to say the end cap of it that goes around your metal latch that the pin from your t-top goes into. that has a screw hole that you cannot find after the sail panel is installed? my advice is if i am reading this correctly. if your sail panel is screwed in properly and you can get other screws from the end cap to line up correctly then just srew that screw in through the plastic and you'll either find the hole or make a new one. nobody will know this except you and well now us. as long as it looks good who will know?
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline uranjack

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
There wasnt a screw hole so just make one ??? Does someone have pics of what it is when it put together right???

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 07:07:04 AM »
hammer, i thought about that problem as well. good catch to cover that ground as well.
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 09:57:37 PM »
thats what I'm thinking, he got a set of hard top trim. and needs to cut to fit.
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED