Author Topic: 1969 Corvette for a 70's or 2000+ Ram Air  (Read 2150 times)

Offline chuckphillips

1969 Corvette for a 70's or 2000+ Ram Air
« on: October 06, 2007, 01:56:48 PM »
Considering trade

Early 70's to 78. or 2000+ Ram Air T/A

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x308/chuckphillips/

This vette sat for 30 years until just last Nov. The interior is A1 Shape. Needs paint, tires (current ones are original, and holding air).

Nice Driver, will need side covers along with the paint if you want to show her.

Here is my post that I submitted in the General area   http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=3535.0

Please send details of your car, thoughts about trade and pictures to chuckphillips@juno.com. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 02:10:09 PM by chuckphillips »

Offline LTD

Re: 1969 Corvette for a 70's or 2000+ Ram Air
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 03:37:58 PM »
Why not try to sell the 'vette and buy a TA?  You can pick out exactly what you want then.  I'm not much of a Corvette fan but you're car is nice!  I'm sure there is someone out there somewhere that is definitely interested in it.  Best wishes!

Offline chuckphillips

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:04:44 AM »
Seems that might be the best way to go.  I guess the longer I wait and the more I do to the Vette, the more chance I will keep her.  I don't blame people for wanting a GREAT deal, but most are not interested in a fair deal. I had a guy just offer me 5k. Come on.... the guy is insulting, but I just wrote and said thanks, but no thanks. Guy should either pass, or make an offer that they feel is fair for both parties.

Thanks for the note.

Offline chuckphillips

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:52:17 AM »
Just thought I would let everyone know I still have the vette. I was working on a trade for a 76 but it sold on ebay.  Drop me a line if at all interested.

chuckphillips@juno.com

Offline Mwieczorek

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 11:42:49 AM »
How is the frame on your Corvette?  How are the kickups and trailing arm pockets?  Any issues with bircage or body mount rot?

Is it an auto or a 4 speed?  Which 350 is it?  Is it the original engine and transmission?

The best place to go to sell your 'vette is definitely www.corvetteforum.com.  I am a member there (I have a '72, 350 with a 4 speed).  It's free to post an ad, and the guys there are all knowledgeable. Also, read through the for sale ads, it will give you a better idea of what your car is worth.  If the frame and birdcage are solid and it runs OK, it's worth considerably more than $5k.
Doing what the factory didn't is the essence of hot-rodding.

Offline chuckphillips

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
How is the frame on your Corvette?  VERY NICE. JUST SOME LIGHT SURFACE RUST FROM SITTING IN A GARAGE FOR 30 YEARS.

How are the kickups and trailing arm pockets?  ALL SEEM TO BE VERY NICE.

Any issues with bircage or body mount rot? NONE THAT I SEEN. BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT THESE THINGS.

Is it an auto or a 4 speed?  4 SPEED, CLOSE RATIO, 4.11 GEARS

Which 350 is it? WAS 350HP, BUT WHEN I PULLED TO CHANGE OUT ALL THE SEALS, I FOUND OUT IT WAS A 302 FROM 68 CAMARO, SOLD THAT TO A GUY REDOING A CAMARO, I PUT IN A 350 FROM A 88 GMC, CHANGE IT TO OLD SCHOOL CARB.

Is it the original engine and transmission? ANSWERED THE MOTOR QUESTION ABOVE. THE TRANY I CAN ONLY ASSUME IS ORIGINAL.

The best place to go to sell your 'vette is definitely www.corvetteforum.com.  I am a member there (I have a '72, 350 with a 4 speed).  It's free to post an ad, and the guys there are all knowledgeable. Also, read through the for sale ads, it will give you a better idea of what your car is worth.  If the frame and birdcage are solid and it runs OK, it's worth considerably more than $5k.  I SOLD IT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO..... 12K