Author Topic: 1976 Trans Am - Project Scooby!  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Re: 1976 Trans Am - Project Scooby!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
Im liking some of the goodies in the background too. Hey If you need any 76 specific stuff let me know. My car is almost done and I'm thinning out the shop. Gonna look kewl with that big flat screen, grill and beer fridge. Would've said beverage fridge but can't spell beverage or refrigerator.
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline shank0668

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 09:35:39 PM »
Any other cars in the background he wants to sell for 100? 
Haha.  Seems like a deal.

Offline 79BanditTA

• "Trans Am, What's Your Pleasure"
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »
Haha! Yeah, he has a few "eye catchers". He has about 10-15 T/A's in his backyard and about 25 more on a friends land! He has some rare one's too! He has 2  white with blue stripe '71's, one blue with white stripe '71, another '71 on his friends land that is rusted out, my uncle just picked up a '76 LE with t-tops from him, he has a 4 speed 10th Ann., a few 4 speed '73's, a 4 speed '79 Bandit, a couple of pace cars, and much more! He keeps the best ones at his house though so they are not out in the elements as much. Getting him to sell them is another story!! :D One of my favorites is his 10th anniversary 4 spd. It just looks bad a**!  :D I have tried to buy some of his cars for even $200! haha. No, I did however talk to him about selling me a Firebird Esprit ( I believe) that he has on his buddies land. He will be bringing that home next. I would make a T/A clone, or a Formula out of it most likely. But that is another chapter!

@Tin Indians Rule - I will eventually be looking for some '76 parts, and will keep you in mind! Thanks!

Next time I go over I will snap a few pics of his others for y'all to drool over! ;D

Thanks,
Joe

Offline dodgeram106

• T/A
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »
Thats a good one to start with I saw it at Jeffs a while back I go to him for parts to.The 1980 WS6 T/A Im asking 2000 for it and it runs.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:12:39 AM by dodgeram106 »

Offline 79BanditTA

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »
Small world!! He is a great guy! By the time we left he had given my brother a few parts for helping him clean up and put scrap on his trailer! I think some of the T/A guys on here would go crazy at his house! :D

I will pass the price on to my dad on the '80. It sounds like a great deal!

I am glad that I have another T/A connection in Austin other than Jeff, and my uncle!
Joe

Offline dodgeram106

• T/A
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 12:54:42 AM »
Hey Joe,I think Jeff would be the BIGGEST Trans Am nut on here.I have sold about 5 in the last 6 months the last was to your uncle.He really liked the car and I hope it goes well with the rebuild.If I can help you find anything just let me know but if you cant find it at Jeffs its not out there.. ;D.....Tim.

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 03:43:45 AM »
At first i was worried when i read the title, Scooby is slang for those horrid Impreza's ( they are here, possibly there? )

Good luck with it......... its worth the hassle.
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline Centex Flyer

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »
Hey Joe. Glad you guys got some parts for it. It looks a lot more like a trans am than when I saw it!
Steve

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
That will be a cool project you guys!!

Good luck with it and make sure you keep us posted on Scoobies progress
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline 79BanditTA

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 11:42:38 AM »
Hey Joe,I think Jeff would be the BIGGEST Trans Am nut on here.I have sold about 5 in the last 6 months the last was to your uncle.He really liked the car and I hope it goes well with the rebuild.If I can help you find anything just let me know but if you cant find it at Jeffs its not out there.. ;D.....Tim.

Thanks Tim! Yeah, he probably has every T/A part known to man! I bet he has enough extra parts to build a few more cars! Yes, my uncle loves that car, it is just like the one he had in high school (or so I've heard!) :)

At first i was worried when i read the title, Scooby is slang for those horrid Impreza's ( they are here, possibly there? )

Good luck with it......... its worth the hassle.

Yeah, I think we have changed the name to Scrappy Doo! It fits the car more! Yes, it IS worth the hassle, I know my brother is excited!

Hey Joe. Glad you guys got some parts for it. It looks a lot more like a trans am than when I saw it!
Steve

Yes, It is starting to look like a T/A again! I can't wait until you get your '76! I really want to hear it run, and want to see what it looks like without a 3 inch layer of dust on it! :)

That will be a cool project you guys!!

Good luck with it and make sure you keep us posted on Scoobies progress

I will deffinately keep you guys posted on the progress, we just got an engine for it, so hopefully we can get it going again!

Thanks,

Joe

Offline Frode_skj

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
All these cars he got, hes planning on restoring some of them? :) It would be a shame not to :P
"79 Trans Am tenth Anniversary Edition"
"81 Turbo Trans Am"
Sad to see that people part out T\A's :( especially saveable ones

Offline 79BanditTA

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
Yes, he is planning on restoring some of the rarer ones first on his own time. Right now he is kind of cleaning house, and selling some cars so others can enjoy them, and they do not sit and rot! First on his list is the blue with white stripe '71 because it is pretty close. The interior is better than when it came out of the dealer! He is rebuilding an engine for it right now. A lot of his cars were running a couple of years ago, so they are not as bad as they look.

I am going to finish the floor pans this weekend, and will snap a few pics for you guys!
Joe

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »
Does he have any other 76's that he may part with?

Offline 79BanditTA

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
Not that I know of. My uncle got his '76 LE, and I believe that was the only other '76 he had. He may have another on his buddies land, but it would be rougher than the one's at his house.

-Joe

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 10:04:04 PM »
I'm kind of looking for a beater TA. Rough paint, missing pieces but otherwise no rust in floor/trunk. Numbers matching and that other horsecrap doesnt matter. Just looking for a beater to tool around with.