Author Topic: LOL, 80 for sale  (Read 3181 times)

Offline solargold

Re: LOL, 80 for sale
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
So what happens if someone is trying to restore their car but doesnt have a garage?
Then you get friendly visit around here. Usually it takes someone complaining, we don't ride around looking for it
L8R G8R

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »
It's about the same in Akron, NY. You're entitled to (1) unlicensed vehicle in your yard. They instituted permits - $50 for 3 months - for any untagged vehicle. After getting the 3rd permit, the clerk asked me what I was buying it for. Explained that since my Y88 wasn't tagged but undergoing resto, I was trying to be in compliance. Clerk told me to not bother and if anyone raised a stink to tell them it was undergoing resto as the crux of their code was to get vehicles with "For Sale" signs off the lawns. Last permit I bought and that was at least 3 years ago now...

But there are other laws/regulations like needing a permit for a 10'x10' tent in the back yard or any other structure that's deemed semi permanent.

I'm trying to find some place out in the country where I can afford/build a garage with a house attached ;D

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »
It's about the same in Akron, NY. You're entitled to (1) unlicensed vehicle in your yard. They instituted permits - $50 for 3 months - for any untagged vehicle. After getting the 3rd permit, the clerk asked me what I was buying it for. Explained that since my Y88 wasn't tagged but undergoing resto, I was trying to be in compliance. Clerk told me to not bother and if anyone raised a stink to tell them it was undergoing resto as the crux of their code was to get vehicles with "For Sale" signs off the lawns. Last permit I bought and that was at least 3 years ago now...

But there are other laws/regulations like needing a permit for a 10'x10' tent in the back yard or any other structure that's deemed semi permanent.

I'm trying to find some place out in the country where I can afford/build a garage with a house attached ;D

I just found the perfect home for me out in the country. Brick ranch home with oversized 2 stall attached garage, 30x40 pole barn and some small out buildings on a 4 acre lot. Perfect for what I want to do and room to expand. When I called the realty broker----they had just signed paper work for closing to take place in 2 weeks.  Talk about feeling sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!   My sister and girlfriend have been up my a** and helping at the same time about all of this. I've had people telling me for years that I need to move into the country and enjoy my life.

The economy just has me nervous. I mean----I came real close to loosing it all in 2008-2009.
But, my credit score is what counts (I guess). Because the credit union basically said, I can get whatever I want and feel comfortable doing.

-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:25 AM »
^^ good luck to you.
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline 2ndchildhood

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
I live in a township with no enforcement officers and no ordinances, got just over an acre.  I however have the neighbor from hell.  Been to court with him 3 times in 5 years.  I won them all including a PPO on him.  He built a fence, put in a row of bushes, built another fence next to that one.  I waved at him a couple weeks ago just to piss him off, he built the fence to 10 feet the next morning.  I've been here 6 years and then man has never had a job.  I parked a car near the property line, a new section of privacy fence went up.  Gonna move it down the line 8 ft to see if another section will go up.  What a great way to get a free privacy fence.
You can never have too many cars

78 Formula
02 CETA

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
I live in a township with no enforcement officers and no ordinances, got just over an acre.  I however have the neighbor from hell.  Been to court with him 3 times in 5 years.  I won them all including a PPO on him.  He built a fence, put in a row of bushes, built another fence next to that one.  I waved at him a couple weeks ago just to piss him off, he built the fence to 10 feet the next morning.  I've been here 6 years and then man has never had a job.  I parked a car near the property line, a new section of privacy fence went up.  Gonna move it down the line 8 ft to see if another section will go up.  What a great way to get a free privacy fence.
Now---- That's funny!!!!!!!
I have one 2 houses from mine who is the Nosey Neighbor. Nice in your face and stabbing you in the back when you aren't around.
Talk to the guy for 20-30 minutes and you have dirt on everyone in the neighborhood.
Guess I just don't care for peoples dirty laundry.
Maybe it's that I'm getting older---- I just want to know about good s#^* and good deeds.

2ndchildhood----that is funny. keep moving the car or line them up and let the guy put up a fence. Win/Win
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 11:31:29 PM »
Our neighbors to the east of us are like that. Got their noses stuck in everybodies buisness when they should be tending to their own. Well thats not entirely true. Her husband is a good guy, but the wife, well she's a piece of work. Tried to organize a neighborhood association, till I told her EXACTLY what I thought of her telling me when and how to cut my grass, gossips on EVERYBODY, and actually accused her husband of trying to have an affair with my wife (ROFLMFWGIAO!). She's one of those kind of people that gets pissed if she isn't in charge and the center of attention. It galls her no end that we don't really care what she thinks, and it REALLY galls her that we don't play "keep up with the Jonses" and don't have to. I can't be bothered what she thinks, but I do get a kick out of the fact that we irk her so much. I guess I'm an a%#hole like that ;D

Gunner
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:42:27 PM by Gunner »
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Offline solargold

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:23:35 AM »
Those folks sound like Bonita Latrell (I think, In living Color character) about Mrs. Jenkins.  But "I ain't one to gossip so you didn't hear that from me"
L8R G8R