Author Topic: Sway bar stuck in frame!!  (Read 2388 times)

Offline johnnytrans am

Sway bar stuck in frame!!
« on: August 25, 2016, 12:18:19 PM »
Previous Owner gave me the car with one bolt and bracket stuck in the frame spinning?
how the hec do i get that out?
was gonna heat and cut, but what happen's when you are all done?
do i nut and bolt it?
it's hard to get inside the frame very small amount of space.
well ranted too soon seen a thread underneath mine tells the whole rivet nut story.  LOL
wish me luck!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:21:24 PM by johnnytrans am »

Offline NOT A TA

Re: Sway bar stuck in frame!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:28:03 PM »
I sell a stronger repair/upgrade to fix or strengthen the front sway bar mount. Aftermarket suspensions combined with modern wheel/tire combo's put a lot of stress on certain parts of the subframe. I sell several parts to strengthen the subframe at key points and provide a better foundation for suspension. The sway bar mounts shown below get welded to the frame providing a much stronger mount than the stock mounts whether they were just the steel frame threaded or rivnuts.. I carry mounts for the early and later style 2nd gen frames. Late style shown below. PM me if you're interested

John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X

Offline johnnytrans am

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 01:55:50 AM »
Pretty neat stuff i just replaced the rivet nuts for now thanks!

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 06:59:13 AM »
The rivnuts often spin. Tack weld the side to the frame to hold them, did that to mine.