Author Topic: 1977 Trans am With C6 corvette wheels  (Read 2959 times)

Offline 77TransAm

1977 Trans am With C6 corvette wheels
« on: June 12, 2007, 01:00:04 PM »
Hello everyone some of you may know I have a 1977 trans am. Well I recently Baught c6 corvette wheels. I havnt put them on yet because I dont think the back wheels are going to fit, 10" wide.285/35-19 is the size. If anyone knows how I can fit these wheels please let me know. Also I baught the intior out of a 4th gen trans am its from a 95, does anyone klnow if it will fit right in? anyone that can help me that would be great! THANKS!!

Offline Gattzu

Re: 1977 Trans am With C6 corvette wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 01:48:16 PM »
If you had the backspacing measurement, I would have a better idea of whether or not the rims and tires would fit. However the tires should work. I've had 295/50's that fit with no rubbing on the rear, the front may be pushing the limits though.
Your best bet is to take an existing rim/tire off and just soft mount the new ones, just dry fit them without the lugs and see if the fit.
With the rear jack it up from the rear-x and put one on, then turn the tires to see if the stick or bind anywhere.
The front I would have to guess just do one side, mount the rim with the lugs not a super torque fit just enough to hold everything in place and what-not, then hope in the car, turn her on and turn the wheels from side to side, have a friend help look or have them turn the wheel to check for clearances.

Interior someone else will have to chime in.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: 1977 Trans am With C6 corvette wheels
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:39:29 AM »
Interior.... you mean something like what this guy did:

Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am