Author Topic: Saratoga All Firebird Lawn Show.....this Summer  (Read 17588 times)

Offline hdebo

Re: Saratoga All Firebird Lawn Show.....this Summer
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
I will be there, already took that week off from work. We'll will be coming in our "Bird Convoy" from Mass again hopefully the weather is better this year to bring out more Birds.

Count me in on the convoy again. It was a lot of fun. Hope to have more cars this year.

TA78, thanks for coming up again.  We look forward to the 'Convoy'

hdebo, PIX sent via e-mail.  All HIGH RES.  The pix on webshots are low res.  I thought you might want to put on the Big Screen or print photos.  The high res should do it for you.

Thanks guys, and see you in July,
Tom.

Thanks for the pics Tom. See you in July.
Harry

"A Camaro looks like it can kick your a**,  A Trans Am looks like it's coming over to do it"

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 04:59:58 PM »
TA78, we must be doing something right .... you keep coming back every year. :) Great !! :)  We are eagerly awaiting the "Bird Convoy".
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline TA78

• Pioneer Valley Firebird Association
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »
TA78, we must be doing something right .... you keep coming back every year. :) Great !! :)  We are eagerly awaiting the "Bird Convoy".

Well Keith, you guys do EVERYTHING right. The show is for a great cause, this year is even more personal for me. My aunt was among the first special olympians, She passed this past October at the age of 62, I have very fond memories from my youth of the joy on her face when showing off the medals she won. That's why the 2 athletes choice ribbons my TA received mean more than anything.  I will attend this show and do all I can to promote it as long as you have it. I started handing out 09 flyers right after I got home from the 08 show. Thanks for all you and the show committee/volunteers do.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:00:06 PM by TA78 »

Offline Martin

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »
Can't wait to meet you all....now we have to get the rest of the Winter!  :)

[attachment deleted by admin, over 60 days old]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:06:07 PM by Martin »

Offline bigty88

• 1978 SE Y88
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
Tommy and I would love to go.  What is the route for the east coast caravan?  We would get on the NY Thruway at exit 17,  then onto the Northway.  This would be our first year.

Tommy

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

Well Keith, you guys do EVERYTHING right. The show is for a great cause, this year is even more personal for me. My aunt was among the first special olympians, She passed this past October at the age of 62, I have very fond memories from my youth of the joy on her face when showing off the medals she won. That's why the 2 athletes choice ribbons my TA received mean more than anything.  I will attend this show and do all I can to promote it as long as you have it. I started handing out 09 flyers right after I got home from the 08 show. Thanks for all you and the show committee/volunteers do.

John, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have good memories of your aunt. Yes, the Special Olympics is a great cause...it's the reason Tom and Sandy Smith, myself and the entire show staff really work hard to put on a great show. Firebirds are great but raising money to benefit Special Olympics is the most important goal of this show.

Thanks for your help passing out fliers and promoting the show. No better advertisement than a satisfied customer. :)

bigty88, we're glad you're coming up to join in all the fun. :) Looking forward to meeting you and Tommy. :)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »
Sorry I'm a little late to the dance floor....Yes I will be attending :) I'm looking forward to caravaning up with the OFB group and crashing over at Tony's place. It'll give me a good opportunity to SLAP Hammer if he falls off the wagon again ;)

Looking forward to it as I wasn't able to make it last year due to technical difficulties with my car. And mine doesn't consume gas....it sucks it down like its water!

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 06:39:19 PM »
Hey Brian, glad to hear you'll be paying us a visit in Saratoga. :) Bring your fishing pole, Saratoga Lake and Round Lake are only a few minutes away from the show field...maybe you can drop a line before you head back home. :)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 10:31:20 PM »
Hammer, were in for a great time. The Tirone's are having a party for us at their hotel, and Brian and Keith are taking us fishin. too cool.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
I do what I can.

Ohh and Hammer...if someone from the OFB has a single pass seat open I'll take that and you're welcome to borrow my ta for the ride in with Leadfoot.

And I'll bring extra fishing poles and lures if they fit in the trunk. You guys are responsible for your own fishing licenses though...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:29:06 PM by brian c »

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 12:16:40 PM »
You only live once and its insured ;)

Not that I want to test out the insurance or anything...

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »
Well folks... only 5 months to go ..... til the big show. :) :) :) :)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline Maryland Bandit

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »
Mike, fishing is like dateing but theres a different worm used.
1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am # 592
1979 Y84 S/E - sold

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
Who said anything about using worms? My tackle box packs C4 [ala Crocodile Dundee]  :)

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 10:50:11 AM »
Here's an update

2/14/09

Firebird Nation of North America, Inc. and the organizers of the 7th Annual All Firebird Lawn Show at Saratoga Auto Museum have asked me to make the following announcement:

We are living in volatile and challenging times.  We recognize that you may have to choose where to spend your valuable car show time and finances.  We hope you will budget some of your time and resources for the 7th Annual All Firebird Lawn Show.  We pledge to give you the absolute best value for your time and money that we can deliver, while maintaining a low-stress easy-going family friendly attitude as a fund raiser event for Special Olympics.

Firebird Nation of North America, Inc. is proud to announce a change in the All Firebird Lawn Show awards structure for 2009.  This year there will be a ‘Best Club Participation’ award.  Whichever online car club or local car club (host FNONA, Inc. not eligible) brings the most Firebirds to the show, that club will be awarded a club participation award.  Club members must list their club affiliation at time of registration and assemble as a club for presentation and photo.  The club with the most members present wins the award.

Furthermore, after listening to feedback from our show participants and our valuable and dedicated judges, we feel it is time to split all of the judged classes into Stock and Modified separate classes.  In doing so, we will eliminate the Super Street class and eliminate 4th, 5th, 6th place awards in all classes.  Each class will now compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards.  We believe these changes to the award structure will appeal to a greater number of Firebird enthusiasts.  Each class whether it be stock or modified has a dedicated following.  We hope these changes will demonstrate the commitment of FNONA and the show organizers to our dedicated and loyal show participants.

The new judged awards structure will be as follows:

1st gen 1967-1969 Stock

1st gen 1967-1969 Modified

2nd gen-1: 1970-1976 Stock

2nd gen-1: 1970-1976 Modified

2nd gen-2: 1977-1981 Stock

2nd gen-2: 1977-1981 Modified

3rd gen: 1982-1992 Stock

3rd gen: 1982-1992 Modified

4th gen: 1993-2002 Stock

4th gen: 1993-2002 Modified

In keeping with our down-home low-stress family friendly show style, there will be no tech line.  Each participant will determine his/her Class at time of entry.  Following are 2009 All Firebird Lawn Show Class Competition Guidelines and Clarifications.  We reserve the right to move any entry not properly classed.  As always, the decision of our judges is final.

2009 Stock Class guidelines and allowable exceptions:

All Stock Class entries will be judged on cleanliness and attention to detail over the entire car from top to bottom and based on 100 point system.  Convertible tops up, T-Tops installed, driver side window down.  Stock entries will also be judged on correctness and originality of a stock car.  The key here is that any exceptions should maintain a stock appearance.  Someone entering the stock class should expect that maximum points will go to the most factory correct or factory appearing correct car.  The following are allowable exceptions in Stock Class competition:

Stock appearing floor mats, door handle inserts, door lock knobs, and stock appearing aftermarket shifter.

Any Firebird wheels from the same model year, any updated tires and stock appearing valve stem caps.

Any aftermarket exhaust system (excluding headers) with stock appearing tips.

Any factory option from the same model year and any stock appearing window tints

Any updated radio, stereo, CB, or radar detector that fits without dash modification.

Any stock type body side moldings or factory type aftermarket replacement parts

The stock hood scoop made functional (opened up)

All parking stickers, permits, and club stickers are permitted.

2009 Modified Class guidelines and changes requiring placement in Modified Class:

All Modified Class entries will be judged on cleanliness and attention to detail over the entire car from top to bottom and based on 100 point system.  Convertible tops up, T-Tops installed, minimum driver side window down.  Modified entries will also be judged on presentation, quality of workmanship, ‘coolness’, ‘bling’, and cohesiveness of theme.

The following changes require automatic placement in the Modified Class:

Any custom paint including a non-factory available color

Any non-factory headers, or aftermarket, fabricated, or custom intakes

Any non-factory engine chrome, aftermarket carburetor, or non-stock appearing wheels

Any upholstery changes that are clearly non-factory in appearance, design, or color.

Any audio system that includes dash modification or large amplifier systems.

Any exterior speaker systems that are clearly non-factory appearance in design or color.

Any non-stock appearing emblems, birds, paint, or graphics.

Any body modifications including non factory hoods, scoops, blending of seams, etc.

Any aftermarket engine or other engine not available on that model year

Any aftermarket blower, fuel injection, turbo, tunnel ram, nos, tubbed, roll cages, etc.

We will continue to offer the Special awards and participant ribbons as follows:

Special Olympics Athlete's choice

Special Olympics Coaches' choice

Mangino Pontiac Dealer's choice

Saratoga Auto Museum Director's choice

The Joe Nolan Memorial award

Jumbo Best of Show trophy

Special Olympics Participant Ribbons:

Our Athletes will give out 25 Participant Ribbons to their Favorite Firebirds!

Hammer and MarylandBandit you've expressed an interest in judging... see info below:

And last of all, Firebird Nation of North America, Inc. is looking for a few more judges.  If you really know your Firebirds in a certain class (1st gen stock or modified, 2nd gen stock or modified, etc, etc) and would like to join the judging staff, you are invited to contact tsmith24@earthlink.net and express your interest.  Please note you cannot place a car into competition in any class that you may judge, however you may enter a car in competition in any other class. 

Harry--hdebo show rate hotel info below:

Firebird Nation of North America, Inc. is happy to announce that we signed a contract for a new lower rate with the Fairfield Inn and Mariott as the official Show Hotel for 2009.  The Firebird Show rate is $119.00 + 8% tax per night for a king room or a room with two double beds.  A King Studio Suite is available for $139.00 + 8% tax.  They are located 10 minutes (8 miles) south of the show grounds with easy access to Route 9 and Interstate 87 at Exit 12.  Their parking lot is large, paved, and lighted.  This clean, modern hotel features 114 rooms, including 36 suites, complimentary deluxe hot/cold continental breakfast daily, complimentary high speed wired and wireless internet access, indoor pool and hot tub, on-site exercise facility, and plenty of truck and trailer parking.  Each room includes refrigerator, premium cable service, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, in-room safe and free local phone calls.   Hoses will be provided at the back of the hotel for washing your Firebirds!    Call them toll free at 1-866-368-6900 and ask for the Firebird Show Rate.  Cut-off date is June 10, 2009.  Visit them at http://www.marriott.com/albam

If you are more budget minded and do not need all of the Fairfield Inn amenities, the Locust Grove Motel is offering a $69/night rate, but caution, they are not trailer friendly.  For more details on both hotels, click on Hotels/Motels at http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=firebirdnationofnorthamerica/download.html.

As always, we thank you very much and encourage your feedback to tsmith24@earthlink.net.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:55:35 AM by blue81ta »
Keith
1981 Trans Am