Author Topic: A link to my TA project  (Read 2387 times)

Offline 1981Y84TA

A link to my TA project
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:20:28 PM »
Here's a link to look if you all would like too:
http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/raguza123/media/1981%20TA/_77_zpse9169e06.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I found rust at the battery tray area, the right side inner fender and right fender, and radiator support all need to be replaced.
Left side fender has a soft spot at the bolt hole where it meets the inner fender, the rest of the fender looks solid.
top of the right side cowl seam looks to be rusting, frame mounts look solid so far.

Hood, fenders, inner fenders, nose are all off.  started to strip off AC, alternator off, Air pump(which is seized) next.
Boxing everything up.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:25:10 PM by raguza123 »

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
Re: A link to my TA project
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »
I like it. Looks like a good project. Congrats!
Steve F.

Offline 1981Y84TA

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
I have continued to tear it down, now I pulled off the AC lines and the compressor and condenser, put them away except the condenser, will be cleaning it up or replacing it, and will be going in with the rad support. No oil leaked out of the AC lines at all, not sure if it's normal?
Pulled the alternator and the air pump off, there was a bracket holding the air pump on that I know doesn't belong, anyway the pump is seized and the fitting that ties to the back of it is broken off, all the hoses are off and boxed up. Thinking about leaving it off and putting it all away.
Haven't tired to turn her over yet, will be pulling all plugs and putting Marvels oil in the cylinders, I found on my #4 plug had  moisture on it.
Time to find a good degreaser?
I have one question I can not find where the dual snorkel air cleaner came from, I know it's not stock?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:21:24 PM by raguza123 »

Offline 1981Y84TA

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 04:09:15 PM »
Added more pics to my link, I was stalled needed to find a garage, moved in and ready to battle what I'm dealt with, found rust clumps on the spark plugs, the #1 &2 cyl.
drained the oil and about a gallon of clear water came out, the engine had green anti freeze, then the oil came out, it was grayish blk. in color