Author Topic: LSX crate engine availible with carb!!  (Read 5599 times)

Offline evilways

LSX crate engine availible with carb!!
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:27:06 PM »
Don't know if you guys have heard, but GM Performance Parts is developing a new "LSX" block capable of supporting over 1,000 HP and can be fuel injected or carb'd. It features all the good stuff thats been going into GM's LS blocks, so the after market will support it to death. I know most of you guys are purists, but since GM hates us and won't make a new TA to dust that new Camaro, this may be the way to go to be able to hang and still get 20mpg. Just wanted to let ya know, been reading a bunch of stuff about the new engines lately....man it seems we're in the middle of a new horsepower war.Too bad the imports are joining in as well.....a few new 350HP+ rides from over seas will hit in the next two years.:(
peed limits....they're just suggesstions,..right?

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:34:53 PM »
Too bad the imports are joining in as well.....a few new 350HP+ rides from over seas will hit in the next two years.

But we have the torque! :twisted:

I would love to put an LS block into a 2nd gen. Upgraded suspension and interior to match with an incredible paint job.  8)  I've seen pictures of a few and they look awesome.
The small things aren't worth getting
angry about, my daughter taught me that.
R.I.P. Sierra Louise May 1, 2005 - July 21, 2005

Offline kyledyr

• 1981 Trans Am - HydroCarbon powered Eco-Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:35:27 PM »
the import cars may have some decent power, but thats because they sacrifice any sort of interior for it. at least us 2nd gen guys have a back seat AND trunk.... never mind the fact they are small, at least they still exist. plus the fact that those high power import cars usually look STUPID and are ungodly expensive.

Here's a cool article about the LSX block being used in a Nova...
http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/Racing/supernova.jsp
"If you want me to be eco-friendly, make eco-friendly not suck."
'81 305 Trans Am WS6

Offline LeighP

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 03:52:41 AM »
Man....the rear seats a joke....I'm seriously considering removing the back seats and fitting storage compartments on the floor like a Corvette uses, then just trimming the rest of the back out neatly with carpet....great place to toss a bag or jacket etc. That'll keep the trunk for a full size spare and some tools.  :D
Regards,
Leigh
1971 Pontiac Firebird 455