Author Topic: In need of pictures for help putting back together  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Fikstad21

In need of pictures for help putting back together
« on: June 22, 2019, 08:05:28 PM »
Was hoping someone could send me a few detailed pictures of their car. I’m putting back together my trans am and just need time visual aid on where everything goes, and what I need. it was all ripped apart when I got it. I have a 1978 trans am with a Pontiac 400 BB. If anyone could send me some pictures of the back of the transmission area, by the crossmember to show the transmission hookups to the shifter and the front end shot of the engine. Currently mine only has the water pump in it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
Re: In need of pictures for help putting back together
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 08:27:47 AM »
A quick search on here and you will find several builds that will answer any of your questions and will have photos already posted. Just requires a bit of digging sometimes
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 10:28:39 AM »
Get a Service Manual, perhaps an Assembly Manual for similar year. Then you can find what you need instead of those who bought them for their own car.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 04:06:45 AM »
And perhaps check back in a second time to see if anyone adds a reply or pics.

Offline Maxthe222

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 02:23:45 AM »
And perhaps check back in a second time to see if anyone adds a reply or pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD0RliClo1Y
'87 L98 GTA
'79 Y84 WS6 T/A
'79 W72 WS6 F/A
'78 WS6 L80 T/A
'78 W50 L80 FRMLA
'71 FRMLA 400/4-Spd

Offline VegasPontiac

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 07:06:19 PM »
I'd help if I could, I have a 301 4 bbl 4spd  with two mystery vacuum hoses that have no home as I too scour and research this forum as emission stickers aren't helpful in this predicament.

I'm also keeping my eyes open in my hometown for any Birds running around where I could ask to peek under the hood for a minute.

You could also look up online for the same car for sale as yours to take a look at pictures?? I wish I could do the same for my mystery.

Offline 78T/AKID

• W72, 4SPD, WS6 49K
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 09:44:51 AM »
If you still need pics PM me your email address let me know what you are looking for and Ill send you Pics. I have tons of picture of low survivor T/A in my files

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 10:51:14 AM »
what is a pontiac 400 BB ??
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 11:50:55 AM »
We'll never know, yet another that posts once and never returns to see what became of their requests.

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 03:42:50 PM »
yeah i hate that when people go MIA. 

i will take a guess at the BB thing though... another misinformed person that thinks pontiac makes a big block or small block traditional V8. 
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 08:30:05 AM »
If it helps there is a 301 forum, 301garage.com. The site never comes up on google because they block the site from search engines which is a shame, lots of 301 specific info.
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 06:04:00 AM »
It only helps if they return a second time and see all the running around and replies they have caused.

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 08:21:15 AM »
LOL

We are so close to making a new Trans Am friend, he just needs to come back and say thanks for the info!

All seriousness we don't know what's happening. Last year I dropped out of car stuff for a few months when my mom had a stroke. Stuff happens.
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 09:47:02 AM »
Unfortunately many are the same and you can tell straight away. I don't understand how they can be desperate for info and yet not so much that it reminds then to check if they now have it. Unfortunately I've been burned one too many times chasing up pics and diagrams or digging through stuff to find a part that is never looked at by the person requesting it. And that's sad as I generally enjoy helping others with these cars and hope that one day I may receive that same help back.

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 12:14:00 AM »
If anything, it shows there are still at least a few active people around and on here. These forums are not only invaluable because of the shared knowledge and experience but, of the few I’ve belonged to regarding other kinds of cars, none have been like any of the three fbody forums I belong to. NONE
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed hardtop