Author Topic: worst pet experiences?  (Read 9765 times)

Offline Gr8 Agatha

worst pet experiences?
« on: August 15, 2006, 05:10:27 AM »
hey... what are your people's worst experiences with your home pets? my most recent pet was a $750 parakeet that died due to some stupid disease.
size=0]i love pets [/size]

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
worst pet experiences?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:24:20 AM »
MIne was taking my 14 year old black Lab to the vet to put to sleep.  She couldn't stand any longer due to arthritis in her back.  But, we now have two little yellow lab pups!

I think you posted this thread in the wrong section though.  But welcome to the forum.

Offline HughJass

• Geoff
worst pet experiences?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »
We took our 2 dogs to a local pet super store to get groomed, since my daughter worked there we were going to get a nice discount. I dropped them both off and the groomer said it would be about an hour so I left to run some errands, I wasnt gone 5 min. and got a call on my cell saying I needed to pick up my dogs as they are wild and uncontrolable and they just bit one of the groomers. Holy S*it, I rush back and cant apologize enough, the one girl there (the manager) says "oh don't worry, it's not a big deal" .
I asked where the dogs were and she said "in there" pointing to a room behind glass with a bunch of caes in it, "you will have to get them, we can't control them", so I go in the room, there was a large fan running and it was noisy and the floor was wet and the dogs were tied up, not in cages. Apparently they tried to put them in cages and they didnt like to be in that room and they were acting wild.
I took the dogs out to the car and came back to again apologize and ask about the girl who got bit. Again "oh it's ok, dont worry about it"
So i left and about 4 hrs later I get a call from the girls mother, screaming at me, "how can you bring dogs like that out in public with out muzzels, you should warn people about them if you can't control them". I told her again that I was sorry but they have never done anything like that and I found it hard to belive that they would bite anyone, turns out it was ony one that did. She told me her daughter needed plastic surgery and I was going to pay.
Well my daughter found out that what had happened was that our dog didnt bite the groomer she happened to jump up a bit and hit the girl in the chin with her mouth open and it was a small cut. The girl told my daughter that her mother was making a bigger deal about this than it really was.
Well now it is 4 years later and we have been sued 3 times and each time it s tossed out of court but they keep trying, our insurance agent says not to worry about it, they don't have a case, but just when you think it has gone away, we get a certified letter from some new laywer they found to take the case.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

79 W72 WS6,  work in progress - nicknamed Lucy

Offline LTD

worst pet experiences?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:58:34 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss but I must ask, why did you pay $750 for a Parakeet?

Offline daruff

worst pet experiences?
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:48:17 PM »
We bought a Show quality Brindel Boxer for our daughter for about $650.
Cropping of ears and tail ran another $200. One month latershe was chasing a cat and hit a fence popping out her eyeball. That cost us about $700. One month after that she was hit and killed by a car.

:?

Offline ronj1977

worst pet experiences?
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 12:56:17 AM »
one time my alaskin malumute got lose from a 12 foot chain link kennel ? my niebors had a bunch of raceing grey hounds some how my dog got in there and they filmed him being attacked by the grey hounds as a pack and all told he killed 7 of them  that s#^* cost me a lot of money   after that labs only this dog never ever bit or showed any sighns of agression

Offline Ta2dbandit

• http://www.ta2dbandit.com (not in use yet)
Re: worst pet experiences?
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 02:36:09 AM »
I got one for this site.....

My wife (girlfriend in High School at the time) had 2 great pyranees (sp?) that chewed up the front bumper on my TA, while i was seeing her at her house. Cost me $500 to replace and repaint. Also cost me my relationship at the time. Got married to someone else. Cost me a lot. Had a kid. Cost me more. Then got divorced. Cost me more. Now my wife is that girl.  :o

Sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the BUG!

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »
My worst experience..  It had to be when I was oh... 11 or 12 I guess.  My dad had just gotten us a cuddly and oh so cute Saint Bernard puppy.  I was playing with the dog and he got away from me and ran out into the street and got hit.  My dad came out (this was in Michigan and in the '70's) and got the pup from the road.  The pup was in very, very bad shape.  So, my dad took the pup to the backyard and laid him out there, came back in the house and told me the bad news.  The pup was not going to live and that to keep the pup from suffering we needed to put him down. :(   So my dad walks into his bedroom and gets his stub nosed 38 out his drawer.  I'm standing there pretty sad thinking about my dad is going out there and is going to shoot him.  However, this was to be a lesson in life  :o ... my dad hands me the gun and says that since it's my pup, I need to take care of the situation.  So, I buck up, take the gun and put the dog out it's misery.  I come back in, gave the gun to my dad and he tells me to go bury the dog.  So I did.

While I might consider it my worst experience with an animal because of how sad I was, it also taught me a great deal about life and I learned how much my dad actually trusted and respected me.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:40:07 AM by rkellerjr »
Rich

Offline Gold78Spc

• Ohio Firebirds President 2008
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »
rkellerjr....... thats quite a disturbing story there.... sort of like one of those flashbacks you might see in a "how I became a serial killer" flick.... I think I am scarred by your experince now.  Thank goodness it wasn't one of your friends that got hit by the car. I'll be back... have to call my therapist for a minute.
78 Gold Special Edition TA
96 GMC Sierra
99 Diamondback 18 Spd
00 Ford Windstar
04 Buick Rendezvous
05 Roadmaster tricycle

Keep on Moppin' in the Free world.

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »
Well, at the shop today, I was going to take some AC ducting out of our Vista Cruiser wagon and there was 3 1/2 foot snake under the dash. ( not a fan of snakes ) Scared the livin crap out of me.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »
rkellerjr....... thats quite a disturbing story there.... sort of like one of those flashbacks you might see in a "how I became a serial killer" flick.... I think I am scarred by your experince now.  Thank goodness it wasn't one of your friends that got hit by the car. I'll be back... have to call my therapist for a minute.

I thought you were already seeking help?!   :o
Rich

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 10:38:40 PM »
In Sept. of 2006 I took our pekenese in to be put down....it was her fourth stroke and this one put her completely blind...she was 1 week shy of being 15 years old....2 weeks ago I helped a friend take his wife's dog in to be put down...it's hind legs and hip gave out and wouldn't allow it to move so it pottied where it laid.....Friday I took our silver tabby cat in to be put down....he kinda started loosing his marbles...he was 15....he was my best friend   :'(   I got the opportunity to stay and watch the Vet inject the "pink" fluid into all 3 animals....I think I lost about 3 pounds in tears for each stint....Maybe being born on Friday the 13th has something to do with it...Now the only pet we have left is a fancy goldfish....what do ya think the Vet will do when I take the goldfish in to be put down.?...(flush it down the toilet) and charge me $50.00. :o
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 11:23:18 PM »
Alright....how'd we get on a subject about pets on the "parts suppliers" topic....I must have lost another marble....have I been gone that long?  :P
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline Gold78Spc

• Ohio Firebirds President 2008
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 08:16:42 AM »

I am but thats for a whole different set of problems.  You know these therapists charge by the issue right?
78 Gold Special Edition TA
96 GMC Sierra
99 Diamondback 18 Spd
00 Ford Windstar
04 Buick Rendezvous
05 Roadmaster tricycle

Keep on Moppin' in the Free world.

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »

I am but thats for a whole different set of problems.  You know these therapists charge by the issue right?

Oh, no I didn't know that, sorry for spending your money ;)
Rich