Author Topic: I cannot believe what was in the box!!!  (Read 15852 times)

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: I cannot believe what was in the box!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »
Sorry for the delay but I have part #'s for you. Of the 5 '76 grilles here, we have 3 LH and 1 RH.
RH part # is 498835  RH  SR     
LH part # is 498836  LH  SR

One of the LH grilles is an original LE grille as it still has it's original gold paint (under the dirt ;) ) and it's part # is the same as the LH non-gold grilles so I hope that verifies for you that though some of the grilles were painted gold for LE's, they are all the same part #.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 09:03:04 PM »
Sorry for the delay but I have part #'s for you. Of the 5 '76 grilles here, we have 3 LH and 1 RH.

One of the LH grilles is an original LE grille as it still has it's original gold paint (under the dirt ;) ) and it's part # is the same as the LH non-gold grilles so I hope that verifies for you that though some of the grilles were painted gold for LE's, they are all the same part #.

Are you sure you didn't nab the part number for the molding?  A lot of times the base molded part is the same but the final part number is different, reflecting the different finsihes applied?  Just a thought...knowing how manufacturing processes run... :-\ :-\

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »
How dare you question me!! :D :D
What you said makes sense so I just went out and double-checked....the # listed is the only # on the part.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 09:54:19 PM »
OK, that answers that, then... :)

(Surely you're old enough to remember the QUESTION AUTHORITY slogan...  ??? ??? ;D)

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
Never heard of that question authority gig, I'm always in charge!
Rich

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 10:37:41 PM »
Never heard of that question authority gig, I'm always in charge!

Now Rich -- THINK about that for a moment...do you wonder why YOU are always being asked the questions? :-\ :D

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 08:40:04 PM »
So what are you tring to say Rick ? I belive  that Rich is always in charge when the wifes not around .hahahaha

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 09:17:36 PM »
So what are you tring to say Rick ? I belive  that Rich is always in charge when the wifes not around .hahahaha

Doh!!
Rich

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 09:18:07 PM »
You got it, Rick! :D :D ;)

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 12:39:05 AM »
Ah crap! What a bummer. Hope everything works itself out Robert. I would talk to Hammer about any SE questions you have.
Thanks Scotti. I'm sure something will work out. I'm chasing a lead on a black one now. Maybe it will pan out. keep your fingers crossed.

Hey Robert, where did you find those grilles at ? did they have more ? Thanks Rick
PM Sent

Instead of painting the gold one black, paint the black one gold and sell THAT as a set.
I'm right there with ya Hitman! But it's sure going to be hard to watch somebody shoot gold over that perfect grille. I can't look!!!!

Did Hurst add the whole SE/LE package such as T-Tops, pin striping, decals, and all the gold stuff or did they just install the tops and then send the cars back to GM. I'm a nut for the 76's but must admit I don't really know how the SE/LE car were built.
They actually assembled the entire 1976 50th Anniversary models, with all the stripes and badges, at the GM Factory.  After they were completely assembled they sent the 50th Anniversary Editions to Hurst Performance for them to install the Hurst Hatches.  The only reason I know this is because my build sheet indicates that my car was shipped to Hurst Performance directly.  This is how I knew that my car was one of the documented 533 with the Hurst Hatches.  The 1976 50th Anniversary Editions were then shipped from Hurst Performance to their respective dealerships to be sold after the hatches were installed. 

The Hitman was my primary resource for researching my car before I bought it to make sure I was getting the real thing.  He helped me immensely with my purchase.  Tin Indians, we definitely have something in common.

Hammer

My Pal Hammer, Thanks for the clarifying that. And since it came from you and not Brett I'm gonna believe it. LOL Life would be so much sweeter if you'd just sell me your car. I said no more after this one but I may have to have a SE/LE and it's all your stupid fault. You and that, that, that... Black CAR!!!!

Thank you for checking against a genuine item. I kind of thought they would all have the same number.

Are you sure you didn't nab the part number for the molding?  A lot of times the base molded part is the same but the final part number is different, reflecting the different finsihes applied?  Just a thought...knowing how manufacturing processes run... :-\ :-\

4 Free Posts. Ha Ha!  ;D
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
Hey Tin.... How about a 1976 50th Anniversary 455 4 speed (no T-tops) for $45,000?
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 07:57:50 PM »
I'd jump on that if it was a t-top.....and if I had any money :D :D
There seem to be alot of the LE'd floating around right now...there's one on eBay right now with an opening bid of $31,500. :o
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 09:10:26 PM »
Hey Tin.... How about a 1976 50th Anniversary 455 4 speed (no T-tops) for $45,000?

Wow, No T-Tops and 45 large! Thats almost Super Duty pricing. Really, I'd love to have one of the 50th's but I guess I'll hang on to my house for a couple more years. Are you talking about the one in Florida??
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 09:12:18 PM »
No, it is one on the way to me here in Ohio.  Should be here sometime next week.  I have to do a little bit of work to it when it gtes here.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »
  I have to do a little bit of work to it when it gets here.
That means the price will go up even more :o ;)
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette