Author Topic: BEWARE from an Ebay seller  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Peter Panov

BEWARE from an Ebay seller
« on: December 17, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
Hello everybody,

I hope I am posting this topic on the right place in the forum.
I had a bad experience with an Ebay seller and I am posting some details here with hopes that other forum users will not be disappointed if they deal with this man. His name is Richard Klimekoski, address 671 Washburn road, Spencer, New York, 14893, phone 607 857 7458.
In the link
http://www.snimka.bg/?album;aid=718480
you will see a part of our correspondence where I am asking about the condition of the engine and his answer. What I understand from his description is that this is a well running engine with no issues and clear oil. What I received you will see on the pictures was an engine with a clogged carburator, mixed coolant and oil. My mechanic told me that this engine have been overheated. I haven't checked the heads yet, but I hope they are OK.
The seller agreed to refund my money if I ship him back the engine. Since I live in Bulgaria (Europe) the shipping one way was approx $780. I paid duty and internal transportation - approx additional $300. So I explained him I just want a partial refund, but he refused.
I tried to open a case in Ebay, but since the engine had a long way to go until it arrive in Bulgaria I missed all the deadlines for opening a case.
With this topis I just want to help to some other people to be more careful if they decide to deal with this man.
Regards,
Peter

Offline SalNat

Re: BEWARE from an Ebay seller
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »
Peter, just a quick note ... I can see that his ebay name is 'musclepartsbyrich'?! ... if that is correct, then you might wanna add that info to your post cause it will help other identify him in ebay.

1981 Trans Am
2008 BMW 320

Offline ScottD3

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:42:46 AM »
By looking at his eBay account a negative review telling what was said by him and the condition of the motor will hurt him as we'll. eBay sellers like him depend on there feedback. I wouldn't trash him just state the motor was not what was described buyer beware. I think he thought he could get away with sending your bad motor because you were out of the country. One other route you have is the credit card company dispute the charges they them and you will get your money back.

Offline Peter Panov

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
Thank you for your advices.
Yes his Ebay name is musclepartsbyrich.
Thank you for the credit card advice. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this with the credit card. I wrote an e mail to Pay pal, but they didn't answer me either.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
If it has been less than 60 days you can leave a bad transaction on Ebay . It will lower his score!

Offline BARRACUDA1968

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
Dispute the transaction with Paypal, they will send him an email and give him a certain time to respond.  You may win the dispute that way.  I also think they freeze his paypal account until the issue is resolved.  If that happens he can't withdraw any funds from what he sells or just can't use paypal at all.  That will hurt an ebay seller.

I did this years ago and it worked great.
1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Built Trans with 3000 stall
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 11:33:03 PM »
Thank you for the credit card advice. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this with the credit card.

if you paid w/ CC call and tell them the details of the sale
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Peter Panov

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
I paid through Pay Pal. I send them a request, but I have no answer from them yet.
Regarding the feedback - the engine arrived in my country after the deadline for a feedback expired :(

Offline CRF8

• PONTIAC RULES
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 01:09:18 AM »
Peter, you should have bought my 301 as we originally agreed on  :(

karma !!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:44:21 PM by CRF8 »
1974 Firebird Formula 400, rebuilt 400 engine, heads from a 1971, block from a 1977; Comp cam, Edelbrock intake & carb; forged SRP pistons, Summit HEI distributor, TH400 w/shift kit

Offline ScottD3

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
Call the credit card company and tell the customer service representative you want to dispute the charge from eBay in the amount of ....

Offline Peter Panov

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
Yes CRF8 I definitely regret that I didn't buy your engine.
And I am sorry that I changed my mind. I hope I didn't insult you.
Dear Scott I tried with Pay Pal and Ebay - they didn't answer my requests. I am up yo give up to search for my rights. I will just continue my restoration. Just hope to be able to come to the US in 2013 and to go and see the seller in person - just to see who he is.
Regards
Peter
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:53:01 PM by Peter Panov »

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »
Exactly what Scott said.

Assuming your PayPal account is linked to your major credit card, all you need to do is call your credit card company and dispute the charge. They'll send you some paperwork to fill out so that you can detail your problem. They'll go to bat for you.

The few times I've done this, I've received a full credit back to my credit card. So it can be done.

As for visiting the seller in person, I'd advise against that route. Nothing good can come of that. If need be, simply call his local Police Department and open a file with them against the seller. That'll get his attention as well.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline 1979SE

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 06:19:35 PM »
Thanks for the warning, Peter.  I'll be avoiding this seller -

Offline Peter Panov

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 09:39:18 AM »
Thanks for the advice.
Of course I definitely do not want to meet the seller in person to press him or to argue with him.
Just a curiosity to see who is the guy who lied me.
Regards

Offline HOMER

• Adv. Member
  • Brown Bandit lol
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
he had a differant name before he screwed me also
She's a Winner