Author Topic: 78 T/A in the movie "Hooper"  (Read 14807 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: 78 T/A in the movie "Hooper"
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
I've even heard that the Hooper bridge jump was all special effects and not a real jump at all but don't quote me on that.
I must be getting old. I remember them filming this jump about an hour from my house. Someone posted the following on Youtube about it as well.....

The bridge jump took place on U.S.Hwy.78 between Jasper,AL. and Sumiton,AL. The bridge was in the process of being demolished due to damage from a traffic accident

So what are you saying , an actual TA was jumped?

I see this show years ago but assumed it was real lol

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
Cool video Renovations! Geez no wonder i love trans ams!  Its almost subliminal.......

78 trans am /400/brown

Offline 4saken

• I love Trans-Ams
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
Is it just me or when the maverick pasted the smoke stack and then the TA was passing it the TA got hit by that big blue car on the passenger side and actually pushed it sideways. It actually slowed it down really fast and almost to a stop. Got to love old films!
4Saken

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 05:30:39 PM »
Whoa a thread from the dead ! 2007?!

Yeah, I know. I was surfing the web and came across the post. Thought I would throw in my two cents......better late than never I guess.

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
I've even heard that the Hooper bridge jump was all special effects and not a real jump at all but don't quote me on that.
I must be getting old. I remember them filming this jump about an hour from my house. Someone posted the following on Youtube about it as well.....

The bridge jump took place on U.S.Hwy.78 between Jasper,AL. and Sumiton,AL. The bridge was in the process of being demolished due to damage from a traffic accident

So what are you saying , an actual TA was jumped?

I see this show years ago but assumed it was real lol

Yeah, there was an actual car that made the jump, but if I remember right, it wasn't a real TA. A page out of the newspaper showed the car travelling through the air at different points in the scene and connected the dots with hash marks showing the flight. I saved the paper back then, but I have no idea what I did with it. Somewhere in this house I'm sure, but who knows where?