Author Topic: Custom shaker drop base with Airaid cone and K&N lid filters $100  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
I am selling my custom made Shaker Drop base. It includes an Airaid cone filter, K&N filter lid modified to fit under a shaker, K&N drop base, and modified pizza pan bolted to bottom of drop base. At 4 corners of the pizza pan I added 4 brackets to help bridge the gap to the shaker metal plate. In addition, I added duct tape to create a rubbery surface to stop the shaker from slowly turning. The pan is offset forward about 1/8" bolted to the drop base in order to add extra clearance between the K&N filter and shaker. $100 local pickup, or $100+ shipping. Contact me via forum for contact details. The Airaid and K&N filter lid alone will set you back about $150.

Total drop is 7/8" more than the factory air cleaner base.

It's not pretty but it did the job and provided lots of air flow for a drop base.

I modified my factory intake so I could return to using the factory air cleaner base. I highly recommend doing the same, but totally understand if you want to go this route instead.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:07:19 PM by Angelo »
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.