Author Topic: New wheels!  (Read 5589 times)

Offline 784mula

• Ohio Firebirds
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/784MULA
Re: New wheels!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 10:56:58 PM »
My buddys selling his 70 challenger, but asking top dollar & probably will get it!

1978 FORMULA 1st place 2007 TA NATS Stk Class
1977 FORMULA (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline Gattzu

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 12:23:27 AM »
I always liked mopar, not so much of a fan of the new ones with what's happened with my truck recently. I have an 04 Ram, reg carb short bed, 5.7 Hemi in it and at 69,000 and some change the motor up and just failed on me. It's been at 3 dealerships over the past 3 weeks. The first dealership did a diagnosis and said the cats were plugged, they couldn't do the warranty work so had to ship it to another dealer. The other dealer put the new cats in (under warranty) although the hassle to get it all done was terrible and I'll never do business with that dealership. After the new cat pipes were installed the engine still wouldn't run, I had it shipped to yet another dealer a little further north, (around here seems the further north you go the nicer everyone is) I had them diagnose the truck for the 3rd time, however it threw no codes, turns out dealership  #2 erased/reset my computer and never told anyone. After an hour or so of troubleshooting I was called and they told me they could find nothing wrong with it, so their best guess was the EGR valve had gone, I told them to throw it in my front seat and I'd be up in a couple days, I went up installed it, still nothing, put my old one back on, new one back in the package, was able to return it, I spoke with the mechanic, and the service rep that I dealt with, they spoke with me for a little bit and gave some recommandations. I told them I'd make a couple phone calls, and go from there. Went back in talked to the service rep, asked him to call up the Chrysler Engineering department and open a ticket with them in regards to the problem, see if anyone else had this happen etc, call back later that afternoon, engineering told them to call xxxxxx about it and get their take. After another phone call to xxxxx they said pull the valve covers and check for broken valve springs, which happened to be the cause of the whole issue, though 3 weeks later at this point. Needless to say,  Im not particularly happy with my dodge experience, and this is actually a common problem with the new Hemi engines.... I guess a good thing about all this is a lucked out with the phone call to the engineering department as they said Im still within my warranty...just barely.
Lesson of this story
Buy a Ford, or Chevy. (truck)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:25:40 AM by Gattzu »

Offline AmFan

• Love them Pontiac's
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about your issue with the Ram.  I have had 4 Ram's without major mechanical problems; a 97, a 99 an 04 and now an 06.  Both the 04 and the 06 have the Hemi and I love it.  If its any consulation, my friends have had Ford and Chevy trucks and they have had mechanical problems as well.  Hope things work out for you.

tom
1978 Trans Am
Bought April 2001
Restoration: 2001 - 2004
Summer enjoyment ever since

Offline Gattzu

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »
My family has always owned Chevy's and my friends ford (cept for the one dodge, and his went AWOL as well) and we've never had any problems with them. I dunno, new cars just erk me in general.