Author Topic: Another blower motor update  (Read 1298 times)

Offline T/A Kid

Another blower motor update
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »
I have power coming into the relay a black wire orange stripe, whether the switch is on or not, but no power at the resistor. I can get the blower to run when I hook it up direct to 12v but it will not run on any of the fan switch selections, I know this should be easy but I'm missing something any help or suggestions will be appreciated. I have put on a new relay and another used resistor.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:04:55 PM by T/A Kid »
In memory of my big brother Jimmy
miss ya everyday bud.

Offline marx3

Re: Another blower motor question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »
I have the same situation with my car... blower wont run in any position.  I havent looked into it yet, but I suspect the switch itself is to blame. Have you chekced yours?
On my 1975 Cadillac ( and the B-body cars I have had over the years ) the blower is running on lowest speed whenever the ignition is on. Is it supposed to do this in a Firebird also?
Ignition & Induction.

"What are we gonna do, kidnap the Pope or something ?"

Offline T/A Kid

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
From what I understand it is suppose to run  on low when the switch is on. I haven't checked the switch yet was wanting to get some input from the guys on the forum.
miss ya everyday bud.

Offline NOT A TA

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »
The blower motor should always run on low when key is in on position regardless of any heat or AC control settings. Check the switches on the dash controls. They get dirty after 30-40 years.

John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X

Offline T/A Kid

Re: Another blower motor update
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 09:10:28 PM »
I think you may be correct on the switch, the blower comes on when I turn the switch to high but then it stays running on high no matter what position the switch is. It keeps running even with the ignition switch turned off, the only way to turn it off is to flip the blower switch back to high with the ignition off and the blower goes off I've clean the switch  but with the same results I think I will try to track down another blower switch.
miss ya everyday bud.

Offline T/A Kid

Re: Another blower motor update
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »
This is a little lengthy so bear with me, I've replaced the resistor, relay, now switch, It still will only run in a high position and will not shut off
till I  turn the switch off and flip the blower switch off and back to high it then goes off.

I took a picture of the terminal that connects to the blower switch, the loose wire far left I can jump a wire from it and get four different speeds
one is very slow seemingly the one that should run when the switch is on, then i can get low, med, high as I go to each terminal .
I thought for sure it was a switch problem so I replaced it with a new switch but I have the same problem, any help would be appreciated.

blowerswitch
miss ya everyday bud.