Author Topic: So the Bandit Registratiion is open, but now I need some of your inputs.  (Read 2529 times)

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Frank and I have been looking forward to this run since Nov.
I have saved money to go on this.

Each week I took money out of our pay checks to put aside "just" for the Run.  I was also going to use some of our tax return money to just splurdge on the Run.

Well, as most of you know, Frank was laid off.

I already booked the hotels, but they have not been charged yet.

Frank has not given me an answer on if we should cancel or just go.

I didn't plan on going the entire Run.

You think that I should just go ahead and register and do like two days of the Run?

I don't want to sound like I have our priorities screwed up, but I know that deep down inside Frank is really upset not being able to go.  He has workded so hard to get the TA ready for this run.

Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
there are many in your same situation. i too am "between jobs" i was hoping to join the run after it got to fla. maybe you could hit the ban-one show at the start and then join in a portion of the run(as funds allow) good luck hope to see you
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
I think that is a personal decision between you and Frank.  Only you can know what your financial situation is.  However, I'll say this, there WILL be more runs in the future so you might consider the next one, just keep the funds in case of an "emergency" and if no issues arise, you'll be that much further ahead next year :)
Rich

Offline HOMER

• Adv. Member
  • Brown Bandit lol
think of it as abreak from all of your worries and concerns , sitting and worrieing every day just makes it worse, i know from experince, sometimes you just need to forget about everything and just get away for alil bit start fresh when you get back!
She's a Winner

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
Just do it

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
I think, if it were me, that I'd go ahead and go, if for no other reason than to go and relax for a while. Put your troubles down for a while and go have a good time. They'll be there when you get back, and who knows, perhaps after some relaxation you'll have a different outlook on things, and perhaps things will change for the better when you get back.

Just my .02

Gunner
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
im with rich on this one, do it if funds allow and you can be happy with going..... or at least do the year one show, where it all kicks off....and just go home after that weekend......youll have just as much fun, and meet a portion of the people doing the run.......that was the funnest part when i went in 07 cause year one has a road track they allowed us to go on, and burnout comp. and tour of their facility, whereas driving the rest was just that, driving, i mean its fun, but thats where the money goes away and quick.....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Thanks everyone.  I know there will be more runs, but this one is kind of close by to us.

There are rumors that the next one maybe on the West Coast.

Well, for the time being, we "can't" go because of the way the tranny is.  Maybe that is a sign??

I guess I will just have to play it out day by day.
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY

Heidi

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Thanks everyone.  I know there will be more runs, but this one is kind of close by to us.

There are rumors that the next one maybe on the West Coast.

Well, for the time being, we "can't" go because of the way the tranny is.  Maybe that is a sign??

I guess I will just have to play it out day by day.

i dont think next years has even started to be planned, and im almost certain west coast is outta the way too much, since its teamed up with year one and so far its either ended or began at the year one show...... i have an idea of where the next one is but im not allowed to say....
Eroc

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
Heidi the prevailing wind seems to be blowing for you to go on the run but from my perspective, there is no way I could enjoy myself if I was stressing out over employment and financial matters.  It's killing me that I can't participate in this event even as a ride along, but then again I have serious money issues that would be on my mind most of the trip, and the truth is I would be stealing from Peter to pay Paul.  So you need to think about that before you commit.  Yes, this would be a blast, but.........  ;)

1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
UGH,  Don't shake your heads now.  Frank REALLY wants to go.  So I registered.

I know, I know, I asked for your opinion, and I got the message.  I decided that we are only going to do 2 days of it, instead of 5.

Just the thought of running with (at the moment) 61 TA's going down the interstate, just makes our hearts fluttered.

I can't even imagine what that would look like, 61 Ta's following in a line!  lol
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY

Heidi

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member

I know, I know, I asked for your opinion, and I got the message.  I decided that we are only going to do 2 days of it, instead of 5.

Just the thought of running with (at the moment) 61 TA's going down the interstate, just makes our hearts fluttered.

I can't even imagine what that would look like, 61 Ta's following in a line!  lol

well then relax and have a good time, it is fun, and youll see that alot of those guys really baby their cars, meaning 8 car lengths and slow speeds to avoid any type of damage whatsoever, but then theres the guys that have the normal " its got its problems but its still cool" those are the fun ones to be around in my opinion, they are the guys that come flying down the on ramp join in with the group, haul a** to the front and skip ahead burning up all there gas only to have to pull off and repeat it all over again....... it sure is fun....i know youll enjoy it i did
Eroc

Offline Nick623

I was told this year it's open to all makes? I think it's a shame

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
they kinda always allowed all makes, the first year there was a camaro, and some chevy truck doing it.... neither one ever even owning a pontiac..... but they are there in the first group photo, with the vehicles....
Eroc

Offline Prettybird81

If you're hanging out around Capt Hiram's... it will be tuna/dolphin season... obviously we kept mostly trigger fish.... but we brought in lot's of pretty sea bass and red snapper.. out of season so we had to let the snapper go... had a few big grouper on the line too.  I can give you a good captain... lot's of fun... if you feel like spending a day.

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n168/Prettybird81/?action=view&current=CaptainHirams.jpg
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"