Author Topic: I was at NPD the other check this out(pics)  (Read 10742 times)

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
Re: I was at NPD the other check this out(pics)
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »
Yes i thought they were very original myself.

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
Re: I was at NPD the other day check this out(pics)
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »
that's cool!!
WERE are the new parts as promissed,by npd.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:37:48 AM by transam dave »

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 01:07:19 AM »
ive been to that store(ocala) several times but was always in a hurry so never got to go in the back...did see the super low mile 4sp TATA he had up front in the showroom...SWEET     related question...what was the main difference between the fire am and macho T/A    (i know herb had input on the F/A)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:12:04 AM by hada76 »
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 01:15:57 AM »
ive been to that store(ocala) several times but was always in a hurry so never got to go in the back...did see the super low mile 4sp TATA he had up front in the showroom...SWEET     related question...what was the main difference between the fire am and macho T/A    (i know herb had input on the F/A)
THE machoT/A was done by some one else.

Offline JoshRiess

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 01:18:36 AM »
That is a really nice car! Cool pictures.

Brian, Herb Adams has his own company now. His son helps him build the cars and sells the parts from there. Here is the link to his web site:

http://passion-motors.com/VSEPerfomanceParts.aspx

There is also a really interesting interview with Herb that was done earlier this year. Here is the link to it:

http://www.pontiacsonline.com/Herb%20Adams.htm

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the LINK about the FireAm and Herb awesome read That article has inspired me to look very seriously in buying the VSE parts and painting my gold 78 TA  the Fire AM orange I think that car looks AWESOME I knew I wanted that color the second I saw  it...thanks again for the article ...WHAT A FIND.. This site  REALLY is the BEST
                             JOSH  

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 01:24:54 AM »
That is a really nice car! Cool pictures.

Brian, Herb Adams has his own company now. His son helps him build the cars and sells the parts from there. Here is the link to his web site:

http://passion-motors.com/VSEPerfomanceParts.aspx

There is also a really interesting interview with Herb that was done earlier this year. Here is the link to it:

http://www.pontiacsonline.com/Herb%20Adams.htm

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the LINK about the FireAm and Herb awesome read That article has inspired me to look very seriously in buying the VSE parts and painting my gold 78 TA  the Fire AM orange I think that car looks AWESOME I knew I wanted that color the second I saw  it...thanks again for the article ...WHAT A FIND.. This site  REALLY is the BEST
                             JOSH 
The guy's and gals at npd are great people to deal with,your very welcome.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »

yes but didnt the macho use VSE components?  also...what years were the F/A and what motors?
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »

yes but didnt the macho use VSE components?  also...what years were the F/A and what motors?
I am not sure to be honest.

Offline fiream1

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 12:37:42 AM »
I don't believe the machos used VSE parts specifically - the two actually competed against one another marketshare-wise.  There were a few articles printed in the late 1970s comparing Macho's (DKM) and Fire-Ams (VSE).

Totally depends on preference IMHO.  Of course I'm a little partial to one over the other hehe

If you guys want to see some Fire-Am history come to the Nationals in Dayton next week.  Herb and Matt Adams as well as Bill Davis and John Schinella will be there just 'hanging out'.  Certainly an historic event if you ask me!  We are VERY excited to meet the Adams family :)

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 11:03:32 PM »
sorry... ive seen pics but know only a little about these cars. have to do some research
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »
sorry... ive seen pics but know only a little about these cars. have to do some research
Get busy my friend.

Offline fiream1

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »
Get busy my friend.

Haha Hada76...start researching or just come to Dayton Ohio this weekend to be educated :)

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »
Get busy my friend.

Haha Hada76...start researching or just come to Dayton Ohio this weekend to be educated :)
I would love to meet Bill Davis and John Schinella.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 12:02:26 AM »
after a quick web search i found that there are way more machos than F/As and both have mods that mainly centered around a beefed up susp.  both had "special" graphics (some a bit gaudy) and both had basic engine upgrades (headers,intake,cut shaker,ect.) and some machos did get a turbo ...the early F/As got a bit more attention (from herb) and some did see track time     some of the machos had fairly normal drivetrains (403 auto)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:05:39 AM by hada76 »
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline fiream1

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »
Hey Hey HEY!!!!  Easy on the gaudy comments....my babies are SENSITIVE.  Keep in mind these cars came out in the mid 70s and early 80s so the Bionic Bird was an icon of its time (and consequently designed by Pontiac Designer Bill Davis himself - one and the same artist of the Trans Am Hood Bird!)

The F/As were built mostly in three Stages - Stage I being the mildest and included some suspension and appearance mods (lowest cost) - Stage III being the most radical and included significant suspension and engine mods, giving you an AWESOME streetable racecar.  We have Herb's Stage III research car and a customer built 77 that has mods somewhere between Stage II and III. 

Machos were often compared to the Fire-Ams, mainly because they were similar on the outside, but as far as I know I never saw anyone do serious racing in a Macho...