Author Topic: Trying to find my 80 TA  (Read 1168 times)

Offline transammt

Trying to find my 80 TA
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:20:20 PM »
I had a1980 Trans Am that was in an front end collision about 12 years ago.  I had been storing it in the corner of a warehouse for about 6 months while I was out of town.  I returned to find a new company had leased the warehouse and my car was gone.  No one seamed to know where it went.  This was about 12 years ago.  At this time, the DMV shows the car is still registered in my name.  No replacement titles have been applied for using the VIN. ( #2W87WAL113507 )  The DMV says they can't trace  a car older than 1981.  I'm wondering if a salvage company or ? would need to apply for a title to take the car, or if someone knows of another way of tracking it down? 

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Re: Trying to find my 80 TA
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »
I hate to be a barer of bad news. No, salvage yards don't apply for titles. Now a days they do require that whoever they get it from have one, but they never transfer it. And that long ago there were still some around that would take cars without them. Same with scrap metal yards. It's also possible someone knew someone who needed parts.
Larry