Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397670 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »
Wow, it's been almost 2 weeks since they pulled BAB/PP ads and no re-posts! They must have hit him with a "stay off our site for 30-60 day" fine.............good for Ebay!
I'm sure he's lurking around somewhere . What other options are there , Craig's list?

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2012, 07:48:56 AM »
Setting up a new ID and using a Timmy Ho's as a free wifi hotspot to list the auctions. That way the IP address is different as is the email address. Would take a flood of emails to Ebay again to put a kabosh on that one. When that runs its course, switch to McDonalds/BK/etc - almost every restaurant/fast food joint offers free WiFi these days so the possibilities are limitless.

Then yes, Craigslist.

I believe there are a few other auction sites out there that, while not as large or well known as Ebay, can be a vehicle to his plans. Penny auctions anyone??

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »
Ok guys I'll keep this short and sweet,

Bob has offered to help me with parts for my car, I'm skeptical but here is the Email.

Hi, George it’s 3:57 am here I got to go through what you’ve sent me and we want to help of coarse I’ll figure a game plan out tomorrow after I deal with todays schedule and will work together  Thanks  BOB

Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:49 PM

To: Erica

Subject: Parts

This just about a complete list.

1)shaker air cleaner and lid

2)shaker metal base for scoop

3)shaker seal

4)door handles

5)door locks

6)trunk lock

7)trunk weather strip

8)parking lights

9)grills

10)nose arrowhead

11)decals

12)rear window trim

13)seat tracks

14)outside mirrors

15)steering wheel screws

16)license plate bracket rear

17)license plate lights

18)15 x 8 snowflake wheels

19)tires

20)exhaust

21)driveshaft

22)shift cable

23)shifter console plate

24)shifter know and button

25)console glove box

26)t top end trim 4 pcs

27)t top upper Y’s

28)t top outer mounts

29)t top handles

30)deluxe door panels

31)door handle cups

32)armrests

33)ac ducts under dash

34)drivers front wheel spoiler

35)pass rear wheel spoiler

36)all ac under hood hoses

37)ac condenser

38)radiator

39)fan shroud

40)alternator

41)starter

42)battery cables

43)battery tray

44)battery

45)master cylinder

46)passenger inner fender

47)turn signal handle

48)tilt lever

49)horn button

50)wiper motor

51)wiper arms and blades

52)power steering pump and brackets

53)alternator brackets

54)ac compressor and brackets

55)engine pulleys

56)hei distributor

57)thermostat

58)thermostat housing

59)upper and lower hoses

60)heater hoses

61)temp sending unit

62)oil pressure sending unit

63)misc window pieces for passenger side window

64)upper rear sail panels

65)gold steering wheel

66)parking brake handle

67)ac accumulator

68)ac orifice tube

69)4 radiator cushions

70)Misc bolts and hardware

71)Shifter plate screws

72)Outer window felts

73)Window trim clips

74)Fender to core support bars

75)Overflow jug

76)Overflow jug bracket

77)Overflow jug cap

78)Radiator cap

79)Squirter jug

80)Squirter jug bracket

81)Squirter jug lid

82)Column lock out linkage

83)Trans shifter cable mount

84)Outside door handle to latch rods (2)

85)Inside door lock knobs

86)Door panel birds that cover window crank hole

87)Door panel clips and push pins

88)Door panel parts for remote outside mirror

89)Windshield (this one has a small crack in it)

90)Visor transmissions

91)Tan seat belts

92)Shaker drain tube

93)Ac high blower relay

94)Plastic trim/filler behind outside door handles

95)Vents in door jambs

96)Mirror gaskets

97)Parking light extension harnesses

98)Hood, trunk and door bumper kit

99)Lower corner windshield protector plastics

100)Intake bracket to hold accelerator cable

101)Carb return spring

102)Brake booster check valve and hose

103)Rear carb vacuum fitting

104)Fuel pump

105)Fuel line to carb

Offline JoshRiess

« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »
You forgot to ask for your muffler bearings and blinker fluid, and the Fetzer valve don't for get to ask for those. !
Dang that's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list.
I wish you luck and hope you get 1/3 of that at least.
    JOSH

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2012, 08:14:56 AM »
Dang that's a long list.

I know its more effort and $$ on your part but given this guy's history, I'd be showing up in a U-haul box van to pick it all up. Saves him $$ on shipping it and, again given this guy's history, do you really think for one moment he'll box it up so it's not damaged in transit??

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2012, 08:35:56 AM »
Personally? I don't think I'll get a 1/3 of what I'm asking for but HE offered so it's wait and see time. Meanwhile.......the build goes on and the longer he waits the less I need and the amount I eventually sue for goes up....it's just that simple.
I'm not waiting on him, I've waited on him long enough!

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
"Why can't we all just get along?" --- Rodney King

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2012, 04:57:20 PM »
Jupiter......you've been standing too close to that sign for too long! Bet you glow in the dark!

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2012, 07:58:42 AM »
Personally? I don't think I'll get a 1/3 of what I'm asking for but HE offered so it's wait and see time. Meanwhile.......the build goes on and the longer he waits the less I need and the amount I eventually sue for goes up....it's just that simple.
I'm not waiting on him, I've waited on him long enough!

Here's hoping you have better luck wrangling parts from this guy than I did from the shop that did work on my car. BSR still owes me a complete drivers side door, pw/pl/hinges/door mechanism/glass/etc from '06. They said I'd have it shortly after I pulled out my car. Guess I learned their definition of shortly!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
I know I'm just stirring the pot here and I've been told to keep my mouth shut but I can't help but wondering and maybe you guys know something I don't. Bob said that Ebay"caught" some of his "customers" shill bidding?
 I have not seen ANY  Ebay ads that smell remotely like Bob's. You don't suppose Ebay actually caught Bob for shill bidding and he just did not want anybody to know?

I think he fibed!...........It's been over 2 weeks........Like I said...I'm stirring the pot.

Happy Holidays!

Offline JoshRiess

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
This pot needs to keep being stirred , hopefully people will do research before buying cars on ebay , if it sounds too good to be true , it usually is.
                                     JOSH

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
My guess would be that Bob's "customers" were really 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc accounts of Bob that he was using to bid up his own auctions. Hence...shill bidding.

Again, just a guess on my part since this character can't even decide if he's fired all his staff so he's just a 1 man show OR if he has a whole staff of people working to get these cars done for his "customers".

In all honesty...I really wish he'd crawl back under that rock he came out from and take the time to choose a different profession. I hear there are challenging careers in the food service industry!!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:20 AM »
Dude! would you really want to eat at a restaurant that you knew employed Bob? No Thanks!

I figure he would be a good candidate for a position as a Sanitary Engineer. He seems very fimiliar with garbage!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2012, 07:54:50 AM »
Apparently, Bob needs us to keep the pot stirred.  I just sent off my 3rd e-mail to him in a week asking about my refund.  No response on any of them of course.  I finally got tired of waiting and called him yesterday.  He said that he was glad that I reminded him of it – as if he forgot he owed me $13,000.  He wasn’t sure when he could get me the refund, but they were working on it.  When I pointed out that he only had until the 10th to get it in my hand, he said he’d look into it yesterday and get back to me.  Surprise, surprise – I’m still waiting for his response.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2012, 09:58:28 AM »
This Email from Bob to a customer,

This week I’ve looked at all the email, and I see that the more I communicate and the more I update everyone, the more I have hope in my fellow man.  The support is overwhelming with all that’s happened.  I have never in my life been so moved.  those that truly know me, aren’t used to seeing this in me.  We want to let everyone know that I was as close as a man could come to making a life changing event happen to give all solace.  I’ve turned that stress and depression into a whirlwind of energy to not fail.  So, again thanks to all of you.  Now we are no longer going to worry about the internet or George Payne's saga.  I appreciate the efforts.  The company has gone a new avenue for income, and I really don’t think it has any bearing on our outcome anymore.  George is not near as bad a guy as I’ve read in the emails.  It was a terrible time for myself and him, and I let him down.  So he has every right to feel the way he does.  All I can do is stand behind my offer to pay all his shipping cost, fix to showroom condition, have inspected by any outside agency he chooses, and work with him to find peace in a a bad situation.  I will not adds him or the internet again.  I will spend my time working to realistically do everything I can for all 35 people that are counting on me for money or restored classic cars.  Please don’t get caught up in things that waste effort and time on your side or mine.  I have gone nowhere and besides, where would I go?  I am dedicated to do the right thing, it just can’t be done with the snap of my fingers.

Also anyone wanting to talk by phone, please call me between 4am and 7am.  From 7-8 am Livi had to be put on the special needs bus. You can also call form 8 am to 9:30 am and I will do anything possible to assist.  I’m not trying to cut your time short, but if I am going to work in the shops I need to able to without having to stop every 10 minutes to answer the phone.

Thanks

Bob