Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397539 times)

Offline Schroeder

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2012, 07:59:47 PM »
Bob  should write country songs....

AHHAHAHAH good one midyear.  Really made me chuckle.

As for the content of the email...looks to me like he just laid his cards on the table to force everyone to deal with his BS. Here's 4k which you can divy up amongst yourselves OR you can continue to listen to my BS in the hopes that you eventually receive something that sorta kinda maybe looks like a Trans Am. Good grief...talk about pressure.

brian.  I think your analysis of the cards being out is very good.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2012, 08:16:48 PM »
author=RainMan
I had a tear in my eye
I am sure you were cutting onions!
Skickat från min LT26i via Tapatalk 2

lol, Actually  it was that painful listening to his BS . Bob should write science fiction novels ,I suspect he'd do well
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:19:27 PM by RainMan »

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »
slander, intent to do harm  and defamation of character

Kind of hard to charge somebody of doing this when all that has been stated is the truth.  Bob hasn't been slandered, but he does intend to do harm to all he steals from, but at the same time he is always defecating on his character.
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #228 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:43 AM »
I saw some phone numbers listed here and it sounds like this "company" builds cars to buyer specs.  Since you guys have been following more closely I thought I'd post this here to see if Bob has another ebay alias and if this is another fake listing.  Here he seems to be actually offering a car that is complete and ready, so it may not be him.  I just saw the numbers, future build offers, and that he is a new member with 0 feedback so I thought I'd list it here for you guys to scan,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Trans-Am-bandit-78-TRANS-AM-BANDIT-Tribute-/180968536704?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a2290ba80

No this guy doesn't write in Hillbilly, and his restores are legit.
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline tprater

« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2012, 07:51:05 AM »
tawidow, didn't your original contract with bob say something along the lines of if your husband passed away you would get a refund? If theres no time limit on that specific contract, he can't claim company policy over a very specific contract. He is legally obliged to fufill that specific contract/agreement. Also, even if its not in the contract itself, if he said anything about a refund if you husband passed, it is a verbal contract. He really has no leg to stand on with this. I happen to be stationed in NC if anyone needs anything. Its still about a 5 hour drive to get to Asheville NC, but I could help with phone numbers and contact here in NC.

To think that I almost drove out there with my car to have some work done on it by Bob back in 2008/2009. I also beleive that my trans am is actaully from Bob. I cant post pictures of it but I will say that anyone getting a car from there be diligent to pull up the carpet. Mine had a bunch of foam and stuf like that inserted and then the undercarriage was painted. Luckily I caught it before I bought the car. The guy I bought it from said the car was from out west in asheville. He drove it back to Jacksonville NC and told me that it kept overheating every hour or so. He also had to put about 1k into the motor just to make it run decent.

It also had a 455 HO decal on the shaker scoop and his description was what he was told. A 455 bored 30 over. It turned out to be a 400 never been bored. Also had a really high lift cam in it...with stock valve springs and stock heads. Holly double pumper 600cfm carb with headers and a Edelbrock intake....Scoop was attatched to the hood....Transmission was replaced by the guy I bought it from...The paint job was pitted, which happens when you dont let the coats dry. The body work was non existent...Paint over rust...Interior was...not too bad...but them floors...

Anyways this car sounds like the guy I bought it from was antsy with bob and this was the final product...The only good thing out of it was the motor and now I have a kinda decent parts car....

Edit: cant post pictures because im in the marines using the government computer...cant get on photobucket

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2012, 09:32:31 AM »
Dear TP,

That certainly sounds like a Bob McElreath kinda car. TP you may be interested to know that Bob promised a serviceman stationed Kabul,Afghanistan that he would build him a T/A and that it would be ready by the time he rotated back to the states just in time to give his 5 Y/O a birthday ride.

Boomer1305 ( his screen name )  has not gotten back with me so that we can arrange a ride in a T/A for he and his 5 Y/O. People on this site take care of their own.........kinda like you guys!

I just assume he has had it taken care of through JAG.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »
I pulled this off of Facebook

Vince Errigo, Jr says:

September 13, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I too am waiting for my car to be finished. Only difference is mine is a 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H clone. Cost being $24,500 with the extras and Bob agreed to a 4 payment schedule and to finish the car in 6-7 months. I received the signed contract and sent Bob the $10,750 in December 2011 and the next payment of $5,375 in April 2012 with the final payment due when the car is finished in July. Before I sent the April payment I asked for pictures and was sent pictures showing me the under carriage all finished and the car all masked off in primer waiting for paint. I was told from Zak that they were on schedule and the car should be finished mid July. Like with all the rest of you that deadline has come and gone and all the e-mails explaining the problems have begun. I know the negatives well out weigh the positives but I choose to step back and give Bob the 60-90 days he asked for. I read that the people that did receive their builds took about a year. I’m going to give him at least that. If nothing happens by then I will be forced to take legal action as you all have and ask for your help in getting my money back. I’d much rather have my car finished than a law suit that cost me $16,125.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:11 PM »
tp - I appreciate the offer to help.  I'm actually closer than you.  It's only a 4 1/2 hour trip for me each way.  Hopefully, I'll be able to make it there and back each day for all the court dates.  I plan to be there if he's ever charged criminally with anything or when any of the other groups bring him in.  He had zero policies in writing other than when the car would be ready (I've never heard of when he honors that).  It was all verbal.  It was never specific until HE wanted it to be.  All he told my husband was that there was a refund.  The number of days was never discussed until after I returned home from my 400 mile excursion to his shop.  He was upset that the person he put in charge had given me a 30 day contract.  Only then did he say that it was a "well known" 60 day policy.  He never mentioned that his stepson (whom I've never met) was threatened, coerced into signing, or underage.  That's all new to me.  I had a 20 second phone conversation with the man (Zak) and then waited an additional 45 minutes before I got the new contract.  The new one voided the first and promised a full refund within 30 business days.  The contracts that are signed by Bob are not notarized, so I'm not sure why he believes that the fact my contract with his business signed by Zak isn't valid because it's not notarized.  It's just another example of how he adds policies and rules to things at his whim and expect everyone to believe them.  He can also change those "well known" policies.  2 days prior to my contract deadline for a refund the "well known" 60 day policy became a "well known" 90 day policy that he said I knew about all along.   

I really appreciate people posting his ramblings.  It helps paint a picture for anyone looking into buying a car from him.  The contradictions and lies are obvious just from his own keyboard!  We almost don't even have to do anything.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »
Reported all ads up by the two seller ids.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »
And to think I know a female version of Bob , my sister  ::)
Thank god I didnt turn out to be a greedy  pathological liar
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:28:46 AM by RainMan »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2012, 10:53:37 AM »
I got this from one of Bob's customers today.

This is a quick note for those that have asked nicely and not so nicely.  I went to the hospital because my daughter Olivia was taken by ambulance.  While at the ER I collapsed.  This was caused by my extreme worry for her, NOT by any concerns over the internet, George Payne, or anything else pertaining to the business.  This is the last I’m speaking of this.  I do not have the time or energy to deal with all the questions.  I’m back at work, and that’s all you should be worried about.

Thanks

Bob

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »
This guy is such a Joke.  Does anyone have any updates about getting any money (monies) or a car back yet?

-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »
i see a new reality show in the works called "its hard being bob" or "everybody hates bob"
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Schroeder

« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »
i see a new reality show in the works called "its hard being bob" or "everybody hates bob"

AHAHHAHAHA lol really made me laugh.

This guy is such a Joke.  Does anyone have any updates about getting any money (monies) or a car back yet?

Although simple, i found this hysterical too.  Maybe because I was thinking the same thing.  If he was a responsible man and didn't wanna speak of the event any more he shoulda never brought it up in the first place.  What an idiot.  I wonder if this guy has a high school diploma.  Doesn't seem like he understands anything from how business works to how people react when you lie to them.

Everybody hates Bob....ahhaha or, I can see it now, "The Nicest Guy You'll Ever Hate" Premiering this fall on ABC.  hahaha

Offline tawidow

« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2012, 06:08:37 PM »
I think Bob is trying to show that he actually has a heart about anyone other than himself.  I'd be impressed that he even cares if I believed any of it.  He's thrown his stepson under the bus.  I'm shocked he hasn't blamed his daughter for being the reason that he's late for everyone.  Maybe Flounder or I coerced her into being sick.

Bob "This is the last I'm speaking of this" = until next time when I string a few more words together incoherently that will continue to leave most or all questions unanswered as I blame you for confusing me by asking simple yes or no questions using 4th grade level vocabulary.

Nothing has happened regarding refunds.  He has refused to answer any e-mails or phone calls.  The 90 day policy he invented at day 29 of a 30 day signed contract has expired.  We're now at 105 days since my husband died and 95 days since he was notified by mail.  Still no check.  Somehow that's my fault because I raised my voice to him after he raised his and stole my money.  Only the good die young.  He'll live to 100.