Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397599 times)

Offline solargold

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #780 on: November 05, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
TAWIDOW, is Bob's refusal to refund the money and cancel the contract a promise to deliver you a TA?
L8R G8R

Offline tawidow

« Reply #781 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:38 AM »
Judging by what I hear about his TA's I think getting robbed of $13,000 is a better deal almost.  I'd have to hire someone to junk any car he's delivered and then I'd be out more money.

In all seriousness, Bob sent me the partial refund, giving him the out for not giving me the car.  He has absolutely no excuse for not giving me the rest of the refund.  152 days and still waiting.  Bob is such a big strong man stealing money from widows and children.  His wife and kids have to be beside themselves with pride.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #782 on: November 07, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »
New general Email from Ericka.....

Bob has finally gotten a flight back.  He arrives late this evening.  He will spend all day tomorrow going over emails, and Friday will begin answering them all.  He will get in touch with all this weekend.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #783 on: November 07, 2012, 09:57:39 PM »
Where the heck does this con artist go so often?  I sure hope someone like the FBI keeps tabs of where he's stashing all the money when he's on one of his emergencies.

It just boggles the mind that he thinks people should accept being ignored for months on end without us saying anything.  It's been just about 2 months to the day that he decided I'd somehow strongarmed his little stepson.  I spoke with the little boy today using the number someone gave me off here.  Zak sounded like any other man to me.  If he's a little boy - he's got the deepest voice I've ever heard on a kid.  Someone should really call CPS on Ericka and Bob - little Zak says he doesn't live with them anymore.  Is that child neglect or abandonment?  Poor little kid.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #784 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05:29 PM »
TA , I have a question? The partial car that I retrieved from bandit land...was owned ( according to the title ) by Zackery Kampert...............does he not have to be 18 to own it?   it was through BAB...........get where I'm coming from???

Bob's argument does not hold water....I have proof regarding my title .

Offline tawidow

« Reply #785 on: November 08, 2012, 06:49:45 AM »
but, but, my world is falling apart!  Bob lies?!?  I just can't believe it. 

The world according to google states:
In North Carolina the DOT states that their laws do not set a minimum age limit as to ownership of a vehicle as long as the owner can sign their name on the application of title. However a plate cannot be issued without proof of owner having liability insurance on the vehicle and insurance companies normally will require you to have a parent or guardian sign your insurance documents (contract) if you are under 18 years of age and thus still considered a minor in the eyes of the law.

I haven't checked if it's right or not.  It doesn't matter for me right now because I have an e-mail from Bob that he sent in August saying that he'd honor the contract.  I also have e-mails from him that he has a refund policy for widows for either 60 or 90 days depending on when he sent it. 

Offline ponchonutty

• Adv. Member
« Reply #786 on: November 08, 2012, 08:12:17 AM »
In Ohio, you don't have to be any certain age to own a motor vehicle.  So, I could have my 14 year old buy my TA if I wanted to.
Rich enough to own a TA, too poor to keep'm all ;)
1980 TA (1st car)
1989 Formula
1976 400 4sp
1976 400 auto
1978 WS6/W72 4sp
1970 455 4sp Formula clone
1980 Indy Pace TA

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #787 on: November 08, 2012, 08:27:53 AM »
Flounder,

Did you title your car in your state yet? If not, might I make a teansy suggestion - Go Do It NOW!

Here's why I'm saying this....

Bob's stating that Zak is underage and can't honor contracts to TAWidow. Zak's name appears on your title. Now, let's say that Bob being the devious underhanded person that he is, contacts his DMV to say that the title you hold is null & void because a minor signed it over under duress. Now you're locked in a title fight with this yahoo over your car.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #788 on: November 08, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »
Flounder,

Did you title your car in your state yet? If not, might I make a teansy suggestion - Go Do It NOW!

Here's why I'm saying this....

Bob's stating that Zak is underage and can't honor contracts to TAWidow. Zak's name appears on your title. Now, let's say that Bob being the devious underhanded person that he is, contacts his DMV to say that the title you hold is null & void because a minor signed it over under duress. Now you're locked in a title fight with this yahoo over your car.

Might be a good thing to remove from the thread and pm George about.  Would want build a bandit readin that
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #789 on: November 08, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
Done! But thanks for checking

Offline tawidow

« Reply #790 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
Wow Brian, good call. I never would have thought of that in a million years.  It makes perfect sense though.  Flounder - keep an eye out for the police coming to arrest you for stealing a car after you have all the work done to it.  Then they can sell it again and take care of you in one horrible move.  What's sad is that I have no faith in our justice system after all of this and I think he'd get away with it.  Can you start on getting a legal document signed by Bob the crook saying that he gave it to you willingly?

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #791 on: November 08, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
I don't see that happening but i guess anything is possible. Afterall, we are talking about Bob the Bandit!

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #792 on: November 08, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »
Tawidow - its basic logic. I took Symbolic Logic in college and its fairly easy to connect the dots. Given Bob the Bandit's history on things, its not much of a stretch to see something like this going on.

That's why with any used vehicle purchase I get the title squared away before I start doing anything major. Last thing I want is someone coming to take my baby after I sunk blood, sweat, tears, and hard earned $$$$ into it.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #793 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »
^AGREED!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #794 on: November 12, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »
New question - Does anyone know if I'd have a valid case to sue the little boy or the company for knowingly allowing a 17 year old (if he was 17) to sign a contract?  If I can't get the dear old daddy to pay, maybe forcing his little stepson to take responsibility for his actions would be a first step in setting him up to be a better man than his stepdad.

161 days today.