Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 3978 times)

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 11:39:52 AM »
If its only offset a bit there's a very easy way to fix it...

Drill the rivets out, move the shaker to where it should be, drill new holes, install new rivets and bingo - shaker in the right location.

No need to make things harder than they need to be ;)

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Yukon Jack

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
Presently there is just a generic chrome air cleaner assembly that the scoop sits on top of.
1980 Pontiac Trans Am, 455 Oldsmobile
1970 Blazer with a 400 sbc and 4" lift
1969 K20 with a 454, a bit of lift and 35's

Offline Yukon Jack

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »
Went ahead and bought all new headlights this weekend and got them installed.  One low beam headlight had a lot of moisture inside the housing and another had a fair bit of overspray on it so I just replaced them all - doing that made a nice difference in light output.  Found a couple broken adjusters and that of course helped to be able to properly adjust the headlights.

Whoever installed the exhaust ought to explain why putting the passenger pipe directly under the oil filter is a good idea.  Yep, had to drop the pipe to be able to change the oil filter. 

Couldn't believe how clean and perfect the undercarriage of the TA is - absolutely no rust on the floors or anywhere visible from the bottom.  That made up for the oil filter issue for sure!

I'm finding that the fuse for the headlights won't hold with the correct 20 amp fuse.  It will hold with a 25 amp fuse so I need to start finding the problem.  I think I will start with a new headlight switch as the dimmer for the dash lights isn't working anyway.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find that the short has something to do with the switch.
1980 Pontiac Trans Am, 455 Oldsmobile
1970 Blazer with a 400 sbc and 4" lift
1969 K20 with a 454, a bit of lift and 35's

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 09:02:13 PM »
the best of luck on the electrical problem. when i said you were missing your shaker base...this means your air cleaner but i also see you are running a pontiac shaker lid. if you get a whole shaker assembly from a 403, this will get you where you need to be then you only need to worry about your height.
Too many birds, not enough food.