Author Topic: Shaker help please  (Read 1906 times)

Offline PRPRacing

Shaker help please
« on: June 25, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »
     Hey all,  new to the site,  but been reading the forum for a while. 
      I have a 1980 T/A that the previous owner swapped a SBC into and put a fiberglass aftermarket hood on. I was able to find an original hood and shaker for a 400, but I do not have any air cleaner base or parts. Is there any way I can get the 400 shaker to work with the 350 Chevy? Would I need a carb spacer to raise the height to what a pontiac would be? I am currently building a 461 pontiac but it's going to take a while based on funding and time,  but I really want to put the shaker on and drive the car until the motor is ready.  Any suggestions or list of parts I'd need? Anyone have parts available that could help me?
      Thanks guys!

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Shaker help please
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 03:25:23 PM »
If you have  a SBC, then use a chev-engine shaker to suit it. If swapping in a Pontiac later, keep the Pontiac shaker for it too. You can't do much to make the wrong shaker and base or air cleaners fit without ruining it for the correct part at same time.

Offline jonathonar89

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »
PRP, do you have a shaker base and welder?  You can probably reposition the setup.

Offline PRPRacing

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:06:51 PM »
I don't have any base yet,  just the shaker.

Offline winks79

• Chad
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 09:07:36 PM »
As stated. I would try to find a 305 shaker and base from an 80' or 81' model. Should work just fine, otherwise will be a butcher job and look like crap, unless you are a good fabricator.

Offline outlaw78

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »
I have a SBC shaker and base from my '81 that I am not using. It's in perfect condition right up to new paint (changed engine plan after the fact). e-mail me at outlaw78ta@yahoo.com and we can work something out.