Author Topic: 77 T/A Non-SE  (Read 2430 times)

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
77 T/A Non-SE
« on: August 01, 2011, 08:50:12 PM »
Ok, I know the whole value thing is pretty objective depending on who's selling and who's looking to buy but I thought I'd ask just out of curiosity anyway. Here are the specifics:

It's a 77 with a 400 (block is out of a 69) bored .030 over with reconditioned ported 670 heads, new water pump, starter, distributor, plugs, wires, an Edelbrock Performer intake, Crane Cam (http://www.cranecams.com/product/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=23880) Scorpion Roller Rockers, a rebuilt 750 Holley carb with electric choke. The block has a reconditioned -.010 crank with reconditioned rods and new pistons. The trans. is a rebulit TH350 with a new balanced driveshaft and new u-joints. It has a new radiator and hoses. The exhaust consists of long tube tuned ceramic coated headers feeding into a new stainless 2.5in PYPES system with x-pipe. The interior is in good shape. Needs a new console (due to speakers) and console lid is blue (dyed black but flaking) The column is not original. It's a tilt wheel but the turn signal switch pulls back (for the high beam switch) so i figure it's out of a newer car. All of the gauges work. New battery, newish 235/60/15 tires on rally II's (3 gold, 1 silver ha), and new windshield and moldings. Not sure how many miles the chassis has. The car was advertised at 60k but the odometor read 6,200 when i bought it. I'm guessing either the speedo was replaced or the car has 106k. No major rust on the car. There's a dime sized spot on the bottom of the driver's door (I think where the sheet metal is welded to the inside panel) and a couple small spots of surface rust where there are some minor (yet deep) scratches. Trunk, floors, dash (around the windshield), wheel wells, all rust free. Passenger door was hit at one point apparently and replaced. All other panels appear to be original. Paint is in need of a make-over and there are 3 or 4 small dents between the hood, pass door and driver's door.

I can't think of  anything else to add about it what do you think it's worth ish? Idon't know if i'll ever sell it or not. Never meant for it to be a 100% correct resto or anything. Just a weekend cruiser to take to some local shows here and there. I paid $6800 for it. Did i over pay or was that a fairish price? Be brutal if you must, i can take it ha ha. Even if i overpaid for it i'm still going to enjoy it. There's a video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXRUPPLHR3w   

-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed hardtop

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: 77 T/A Non-SE
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:05:21 AM »
Seems about a fair price to me, considering it runs drives, etc.... Also with a newish motor that's 3k right there, looks like a solid body, but it is missing the flares? But all in all not bad
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:38:50 AM »
ya   x2,   all the body lines and gaps look good , the plastic interior looks nice , seats , dash , all good.

if it were mine , I'd give it a quick white or blue paint job and ask 10-12k for it.   
but I paint so I would only have the cost of paint in doing that.

or just put the wheel spoilers on it .  if I were going to come off 5 to 6k  I would want a nice complete car.
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:39:40 AM »
Yea, the body is solid. Floor's and trunk are original with no rust (including surface). It did come with a set of flares but they're aftermarket of some sort. They don't have brackets inside of them. Just hollow and they're kind of rubbery. Like the same stuff the nose is made out of. They seem to fit ok holding them up to the fenders but i'm not sure i'm going to attach them. I'd like to get an original set but since they're hard to find i might try to make the ones i have work. The holes for the flares in the fenders/quarters have been filled for some reason too. Thanks for your input though.
-Brian-

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »
4SPEED, weren't you saying something in one of my other posts about checking for a code of some sort on my rally II's since 3 of them are gold?

And I don't know What I'm going to do paint wise yet. The paint on it is crap and the car was silver. That'd be the easiest and cheapest route but i'm not fond of how the T/A's look in silver. Actually they look good but it's not my favorite. I planned on a color change when i bought it but i'm starting to feel like i have some loyalty to the car now about keeping it original-ish.
-Brian-

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »
4SPEED, weren't you saying something in one of my other posts about checking for a code of some sort on my rally II's since 3 of them are gold?

http://www.firebirdtransamparts.com/bandit/details.htm

77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline 80indy

• Ohio Firebirds
  • 67 Firebird 400 convert, 89 formula, 02 Fireb conv
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 03:01:36 PM »
From what you wrote and looking at the pics I feel you did ok. I've seen people pay more for much worse. Although I will say run a vacuum over the interior and it will look even better....lol.
The BIRD is the word.

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »
From what you wrote and looking at the pics I feel you did ok. I've seen people pay more for much worse. Although I will say run a vacuum over the interior and it will look even better....lol.
Yea, I have since then ha ha. Those pictures are from last year. It's much cleaner on the inside now.
-Brian-

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »

Thanks for the info on the wheels. I'm guessing though (unless i missed it on that website somehow) that there is no way to identify my rally's is there? What i mean is, there wouldn't be anything stamped on them to identify them as having come from the factory gold right? I guess it doesn't matter. I planned on repainting them the correct grey but have been holding off.
http://www.firebirdtransamparts.com/bandit/details.htm

-Brian-