Author Topic: TransAm_Stans 76 400 4sp Project  (Read 44577 times)

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
Re: TransAm_Stans 76 400 4sp Project
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2012, 02:47:43 PM »
Stan, you keep saying your a T/A virgin... Seems to me you are gaining some invaluable experience.

I still consider myself a TA virgin.  Although you are correct to a point.  The items that I have replaced, repaired, or reconditioned I do have experience.  Although at this time that list is fairly short.  By the time I am done with this project I guarantee the next one will go SO much smoother & easier.

I want to be able to be shown (or see) a part & know where it goes & what type of fasteners are used to hold it down.  Right now I have a lot of loose parts that I did not remove (PO did) and I have no clue where it goes.  But that's ok, its all part of the game...

Yeah I did say my next one will go smoother.  I have a 79 driver I would like to bring back to a better condition.  I should have my head examined...

Is there a doctor in the house?  ;)

Hada76:  Nice videos.  ALthough I can't imagine toasting a set of 300 buck tires like that.  Ok, maybe once...
I could, whoa i remember back when the super duties would cook the hides for as long as you stepped on it, had a 3 spd 73 firebird must have had 2.42's in it and it would blaze the tires for like 400 feet used to make laugh my a$$ off, sometimes like hada said, it is worth it if you can smile. send me some pics of your issues and i will help the best i can with putting this babe back together
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"

Offline TransAm_Stan

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
I could, whoa i remember back when the super duties would cook the hides for as long as you stepped on it, had a 3 spd 73 firebird must have had 2.42's in it and it would blaze the tires for like 400 feet used to make laugh my a$$ off, sometimes like hada said, it is worth it if you can smile. send me some pics of your issues and i will help the best i can with putting this babe back together

Joe, I will keep you in mind for when I get stuck mechanically.  Right now I am stuck body work wise.  I feel I am the only one who can pull me out of this potential mess.

Right now work takes priority over the car.  Hope to get back to the body in a coupla months.  I will tinker with the engine as parts come back to me.

I think it is amazing that complete strangers would want to help me out.  Too bad I had to rent out my personal jet or I would fly ya in!   ;D

I forgot to add:

I had the manual tranny rebuilt.  I did not want to take the chance of something happening down the road.  Also since I am going to have considerable more horsepower, the clutch will be replaced.  With what I don't know yet.  I already had the flywheel resurfaced.  Its slowly getting there.  I just need a BFF bodyman!  :)

Maybe I need to have a chat with Chip Foose.  Wouldn't that be tits, to have my TA done in a week?  Dream on dreamer...

Thanks all!

Stan
76 White w blue int. 400 4sp. "Toastee"

76 white with blue/white interior. 400 4 sp.(ongoing project)

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:57 AM »
chip foose!! yes that would be bad a$$
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"

Offline shank0668

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2016, 06:11:26 PM »
I have since acquired Stan's 76 and am continuing progress...

I stored my '00 WS6 at a friends to allow me to get to work.

I am working toward getting the car in paint hopefully within 2 months. 

I have finished the rotisserie and have got the car up on it.

My to do list is:
-Finish the front bumper
-Acquire a header panel, rear bumper, and passenger fender, or repair the current pass fender, fill, sand, prep all of these.
-Fill + Sand rear deck lid
-Fix the roof - Greenhouse fell on it.  Already pulled one of the large dents. 
-Finish blasting the underside and painting the correct color.
-Sand down spoilers
-Epoxy prime everything in black, fill missed mistakes, 2k, etc. 

I'm hoping my college budget allows me to progress at the rate I would like to.  Body work certainly takes time.  I've already spent roughly 7-10 hours on the front bumper, and Stan already had it stripped down.