Author Topic: Looking for someone to install Hood bird decal in Columbus, Ohio  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
Looking for someone to install Hood bird decal in Columbus, Ohio
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:39:56 PM »
Sorry if this does not conform to rules. I am looking for someone to install (technically apply) a 78 hood bird detail on my Trans Am. I am not comfortable doing the hood bird myself and would prefer to pay someone who has experience applying them. Please message me on here if you recommend someone in the Columbus, Ohio area.

I got the Phoenix Graphics brand decal kit which includes applicator and tools to apply.

Thanks!
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline gtrman59

Re: Looking for someone to install Hood bird decal in Columbus, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »
It's pretty easy to do. I just did my '81. Lay it out, mark it with tape, use applicator gel  and squeegee. It took me about an hour

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 06:27:42 AM »
Also try the local panel shop or vinyl wrap guys.

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 11:31:50 AM »
ive done quite a few of these hood decals & would suggest the soap & water over the gel.. the gel is way too thick & for a beginner is harder to work with.  if you can get the car to iowa i'd do it for you!  ;)  but its really not that difficult, especially for a smaller 78 bird, 80-81 turbo birds, are huge & much harder but still doable for a beginner. 

check with hitman, hes in mentor ohio.
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's