Author Topic: MILSIM Players?  (Read 3117 times)

Offline hunterv

MILSIM Players?
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:06 AM »
Anyone reenact, or play any kind of MILSIM sport? Paintball cannot be seen as one of these to me...
1977 Trans Am 400-Restoration
1981 Firebird to Trans Am clone 301- Resto
1975 Formula 400-Restoration
1978 Trans Am 400- Restoration
1976 Formula 350- Restoration
1978 Y88 Trans AM 400- Restoration
x2 1979 Trans Am T-toped 403- Restoration

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
Re: MILSIM Players?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »
Whys That?^

Offline hunterv

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
1. Airsoft game play is more realistic than paintball play.
Airsoft guns look like real guns, so much so that legally airsoft manufacturers must include a 6mm orange tip at the end of the barrel to identify it as an airsoft gun and not a firearm. Airsoft guns resemble real firearms in many aspects: their barrels, machinery, magazines and accessories more closely mirror firearms than paintball guns.

2. Shooting airsoft ammo allows for better accuracy than shooting with paintball ammo.
Airsoft bbs are smaller than paintball pellets, so they experience less wind resistance and therefore, are more accurate. Airsoft bbs are less visible to the opponent because of their smaller size, which adds to their accuracy. Also, when playing paintball, players may see the larger paintball pellet flying toward them and can take cover accordingly, which decreases your hit percentage.

3. Airsoft skirmishes are more tactical than paintball games.
With the realism of the airsoft guns, tactics play a large part in their battles. Players really feel as though they are on the battle field and must act strategically and intelligently to win a skirmish. With the ability to release large rounds of airsoft ammo quickly, bum rushing opponents and sloppy strategy will lead to a quick defeat; therefore, designating a chain of command is vitalThe highly tactical aspect of airsoft battle helps transcend the sport into a milsim reality.
4. In these games, having defined roles is important and commonly used.
Airsoft skirmishes typically divide into two teams, with detailed and strategized roles for each player on the team. The main roles for airsoft battle include a team leader, tactical officer, rifleman, recon, sniper and heavy infantry; however, there are additional roles that can be designated to aid in the order on the field.
Paintball play sometimes involves a chain of command, but the structure is much more flexible and open to interpretation than in airsoft. Paintball teams normally just separate into three classes: frontmen, mid-players and back players.

5.The military practices with airsoft guns and ammo for training.
Military personnel and police officers use airsoft guns during training before transitioning to real artillery.

My point is clear. :)
1977 Trans Am 400-Restoration
1981 Firebird to Trans Am clone 301- Resto
1975 Formula 400-Restoration
1978 Trans Am 400- Restoration
1976 Formula 350- Restoration
1978 Y88 Trans AM 400- Restoration
x2 1979 Trans Am T-toped 403- Restoration

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
They also use Paintball for training and skirmish purposes.

I will just agree to disagree because most of what you stated is opinion since they are both spherical they are less likely to be as accurate as actual rounds and as far as paintball you can use ammo called first strike which is Aerodynamic and more accurate as well!  I am also into Airsoft so you can't say I am bias they are both fun and to some extent realistic and Fun IMO!

Also any airsoft gun you can show me I can show you an equally realistic Paintball gun besides the Hopper or Feed!
Also Paintball guns are called Markers because they as well are so realistic looking!

Your comment about Front Mid and Back Players is exactly what Speedball IS not MILSIM paintball as you stated!
Most  places are starting to do Both anyway to give a variety and a choice which I like.

Does this look unrealistic at a glance?

This isn't even the most realistic looking one I have owned!  The M249 Saw Version actually had parts from the real deal to make it complete! 
Now if you are talking Speedball guns YES I agree with you they look like Space guns!  But when you are talking a gun that can easily spit out 25-30 Balls per Second on full auto thats not to shabby?!

I will say it again I enjoy both and just depends on my mood!

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 01:33:41 AM »
I've played Airsoft a few times...My son has about 350 airsoft guns...some very exotic and he is one of a few if not the only one to own some of them as he actually flies around the world to get them. 
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline Schroeder

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »
I have a tokyo maurai hard kick gas powered desert eagle airsoft gun for sale if anyone wants it!

I'm actually an ex-speedball tournament player.  I've played both.  Speedball is just what its name indicates.  It's fast paced.  I love it.  I was a front/snake player.  Loved the action.  I have often wondered if military personal could use speedball skills in war.  For example, I see great value in learning to shoot and look down sites with both hands.  This allows you to keep the majority of you body (target) to a minimal at all times.  let me explain, shooting out of a left side of cover while using your right arm and hand exposes your whole body as compared to shooting out the left with the gun ing your left hand. 

This is a big speedball tactic that reduces your profile.  This makes it harder for your enemy to hit you.   There are some good military skills in speedball, even though they are few.

I don't play much MILSIM.  When I do I go with my speedball tactics and equipment.  I destroy MILSIMers.  Blame it on my blazing gun, but I could do it with a TIppmann as well!