Democrat - Obama|Biden
16 (28.1%)
Republican - McCain|Palin
37 (64.9%)
Other
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: October 08, 2008, 06:33:35 PM

Author Topic: Who's getting your vote?  (Read 37546 times)

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Who's getting your vote?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
I received this from a friend just a bit ago ...

-------------------------------------
  • You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.
  • You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon.
  • You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.
  • You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after 143 days of experience.
  • You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.

BUT....   

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.  After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World.... 143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public is okay with this and campaigning for him. We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the United States of America?  Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!
---------------------------------------------------
Rich

Offline Gold79ta

• Adv. Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »
Nobody,
I don't vote , never have never will.

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »

Nobody,
I don't vote , never have never will.

Well, then don't complain about anything....ever.
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »
Actually, it should go to the "photoshop" thread as that is not Sara Palin's body.

How do you know? LOL

Oh and i cant vote for either " so quite frankly my dear, i dont give a damm! " .
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline Helter80

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
well, i am voting for obama/biden. i have a bunch of reasons. i am not one of those people that dislikes others that do not have the same opinion as myself. i respect other people's views, even if they are supporting McCain/Palin. i stumbled across this picture on the internet and i thought it was so funny.  :D

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:24:22 PM by Helter80 »
www.transamplus.com
Rob

79 Trans Am- Nocturne Blue,T-Tops,403,Camel Tan Deluxe Interior

Offline Helter80

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »
i'm waiting for rocks to get thrown at me.....LOL
www.transamplus.com
Rob

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »
LOL...

*jeri picks up large rotten tomato and throws it in Rob's general direction then gets pissed because rotten tomato gets on her shirt*

Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline Helter80

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
LOL...

*jeri picks up large rotten tomato and throws it in Rob's general direction then gets pissed because rotten tomato gets on her shirt*

rotten tomato on shirt?  you mean rotten tomato on a Members Only jacket that we were talking about in the other thread!!!  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
www.transamplus.com
Rob

Offline JT_Y88

• Y88
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »
well....I'm on the fence...Let's see how the debates go...
"a wise man once said...Drive A TRANS AM"

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 06:09:52 PM »
Oh... i uh... think that was YOU wishing for the members only jacket that steve owns...

LOL...

rotten tomato on shirt?  you mean rotten tomato on a Members Only jacket that we were talking about in the other thread!!!  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline JT_Y88

• Y88
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »
oops I meant...Hitman for President!
"a wise man once said...Drive A TRANS AM"

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 06:32:37 PM »
Now that is frickin hilarious......man, that made me bust out laughing!

well, i am voting for obama/biden. i have a bunch of reasons. i am not one of those people that dislikes others that do not have the same opinion as myself. i respect other people's views, even if they are supporting McCain/Palin. i stumbled across this picture on the internet and i thought it was so funny.  :D

well....I'm on the fence...Let's see how the debates go...

Yeah, me too......there's issues on both sides that worry me so I guess it will be another "lesser of two evils" vote.  I was actually a big supporter of McCain in 2000 and didn't like how the party dissed him then, but now I'm not sure.
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »

Yeah, me too......there's issues on both sides that worry me so I guess it will be another "lesser of two evils" vote.  I was actually a big supporter of McCain in 2000 and didn't like how the party dissed him then, but now I'm not sure.

that is where i will be if i dont vote for hitman
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline Helter80

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
well....I'm on the fence...Let's see how the debates go... [/quote]

[/quote]

The main reason why I am voting for Obama/Biden is I do feel that they can bring change to the White House which I feel that this country desperately needs in such a terrible economic time. I feel that McCain/Palin will be too much like the current administration. Also, I think it seems like the McCain campaign is hiding things about Palin, like how she supported that "Bridge to Nowhere" scenario, and how she is under investigation about having her ex-brother in-law fired because he divorced her sister.
So yeah, I think I might go with the "lesser of the two evils" as you had mentioned.
www.transamplus.com
Rob

Offline MrAFX

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Burgundy 81 Turbo
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »
allright, my main platform is that we should all get 7 days paid leave for the nats and free fuel and rooms and beer. then we get three days to prepare for the nats, and free beer, and then we get free beer and three days paid vacation to get home ... to some more free beer. oh and all who drive a Trans am firebord formula GTA or firehawk get more free beer through out the year and the hooter girls to stop by every saturday for our own car show in our front lawns, and more free beer.  did i mention free beer to those who own firebirds and all associated models?
That about does it, tahts tight!
Sold -1979 Mayan Red TA 400/4
Sold- 1980 Black TTA SE