Author Topic: "New posts" search  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
"New posts" search
« on: August 03, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »
Usually when I come to the forum I simply use the link at the top for "unread posts since last visit". But the problem I have is that at least once a day I have computer issues that cause me to either lock up and have to reboot, or lose my connection. Then when I try tthe link again it doesn't show anything because I was just here and left and so there hadn't been anything new since my last visit. One other forum I belong to (rodandpiston.com) has a feature which allows you to go back further with a drop down menu to (15, 30, 45 minutes, 1, 2, 6 and 12 hours, 1, 2, 7 and 14 days a month and a year). Now I know that going back very far would be pointless because of the number of posts that would be displayed. But is there any easy way to add something like that so I could go back and see what I missed in the case of a computer fault? I don't know the first thing about the "behind the scenes" part of the forums, and maybe that's just a feature of that particular version. But I was just curious.
Larry

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
Re: "New posts" search
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »
One thing that might be useful is a "read unread posts" button. The "read unread posts since your last visit" is useful, but a hammer to drag all the one's up I haven't read could be useful, too.

Gunner
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 01:25:27 PM »
Does this mean no?
Larry

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »
Good idea, I've thought about this as well as sometimes my wife will close my browser and I lose a lot of posts I wanted to read.  both suggestions are good ones.
Rich

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »
Well, right now, there isn't a feature that I have as part of this forum to be able to go back and search posts made within a certain time frame.  I don't know what I can program either.  I will check into it.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am