Author Topic: What is a 80 TA worth  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Firebird68

What is a 80 TA worth
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »
I'm a new member and had a couple of questions. I was approached by and guy to buy a 1980 TA. The car is all original w/build sheet. It needs quarter and doors, the usual but it's all complete, interior is great and it runs. The car has a 301 w/turbo and it's a SE car w/the gold cluster and shift plate.

I don't know much about the 2nd generation birds, however. I have a 68 Bird but need some advise. I need to know how much it's worth in the state that it's in and what these cars bring after a full restoration?? Any advise or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you
Brad

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
Re: What is a 80 TA worth
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:00:06 PM »
Well, let's start off by saying welcome to the site Brad!!!

It's hard to determine a value without seeing a few pics of it's condition but it all depends on personel attatchment, money and time spent on it already, what shape it is in, demand for the car, etc. etc.

For me with my car, I have had it appart for so long and have been colllecting parts for it that it isn't worth it for me to sell the car because I will lose money at this point. Not to mention the emotional attachment I have to the car

But!!!!

I've seen projects go anywhere from $500.00 to $3000.00 or more...tough question to answer!!!
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)