Author Topic: 1975 Bucaneer Red Trans Am  (Read 2089 times)

Offline GoldBird79

1975 Bucaneer Red Trans Am
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:33:23 AM »
Guys need your input here, I'm restoring a 1975 TA 400 AT and 400 motor (not numbers matching) AC car with rear defogger. I have already restored the subframe frame off bolt for bolt and getting ready for body work in a few weeks. What is your opinion on changing the color oncars and not using the original. I really like the 74 Regatta blue. Would it hurt value if I ever sold down the road. Also how much will the motor not maching affect you in purchasing a car even if it was frame off flawless. Motor is out of 77 TA fully rebuilt. I plan on keeping but didn't know how much weight the color and color could affect the value.

Thanks,

Ryan

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
Re: 1975 Bucaneer Red Trans Am
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:44:04 AM »
in my opinion for the most value i would paint the original color and find a numbers matching engine down the road.  but if you are making the car for YOU to enjoy then do as you please!   

Offline JupiterBandit

Re: 1975 Bucaneer Red Trans Am
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:40:01 AM »
Guys need your input here, I'm restoring a 1975 TA 400 AT and 400 motor (not numbers matching) AC car with rear defogger. I have already restored the subframe frame off bolt for bolt and getting ready for body work in a few weeks. What is your opinion on changing the color oncars and not using the original. I really like the 74 Regatta blue. Would it hurt value if I ever sold down the road. Also how much will the motor not maching affect you in purchasing a car even if it was frame off flawless. Motor is out of 77 TA fully rebuilt. I plan on keeping but didn't know how much weight the color and color could affect the value.

Thanks,

Ryan

Just giving my honest opinion.

There are 3 types of car buyers.

1. People who love the way a car looks and wants something affordable. These people buy the color they want and could care less about numbers matching.

2. People who love the historical technology and want an investment. These people buy matching color and matching engines.

3. People who buy for investment. These people buy concourse correct, Matching everything.

This is just a generalization and a simple way to look at it. Some people are going to mix and match their wants, needs and desires.

Your car is not numbers matching. So it's not all original to start with. This is a good thing. Paint the car what ever color you like to see a bird in. Then drive the hell out of it, fill it with dents and scratches and love the experience. You are lucky, you are not confined to the restrictions of a build sheet.

Hope this helps